FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits

Ehab
Beginner

Hello Team,
I hope this email finds you well.
Could you please help us with the below point?
This part (EPM1270GM256I5N) is related to the product line MAX® II CPLDs, and it's mature. Does that mean the part is not recommended for new designs or is Still Active?
In case this is not your responsibility, please forward it to the proper personnel.
Thanks in advance for your support.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
NazrulNaim_Intel
Employee

Hello,

Sorry for the delay. For your information MAX® II CPLDs are still active until 2035.

Hope that answers your question.

Best regards,

Nazrul Naim

0 Kudos
Ehab
Beginner

Hello Nazrul,
I hope this email finds you well.
Thank you for confirming the active status of MAX® II CPLDs until 2035. I noticed they're categorized under "Mature Products" rather than "Current Products." Does this mean they're considered Not Recommended for New Designs (NRND) like Cyclone® II and Cyclone® III FPGAs?
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/programmable/support-resources/devices/devices-support-index.html
Thanks in advance for your support.

0 Kudos
NazrulNaim_Intel
Employee

Hello,

Sorry for the delay. Yes, it is not recommended to use the device for NRND. We would like to suggest for you to use the latest version of the device which is the Cyclone 10 Series.

Hope that answers your question.

Best regards,

Nazrul Naim

0 Kudos
NazrulNaim_Intel
Employee

Hi,

As we do not receive any response from you on the previous question/reply/answer that we have provided, for now I will set this case to Close-Pending. 

Regards,

Nazrul Naim

0 Kudos