FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5925 Discussions

88E1111 is not working properly in MAX 10 Development Board.

Humusk
Novice

Hello,

I'm working with a custom IP core that works as an Ethernet stack. This stack has been used in the Cyclone 10 Evaluation Board without problems.

We are migrating to the MAX 10 and I'm trying to make the stack work in the Intel MAX 10 Development Board. The RGMII in this case is the 88E1111 but I'm not able to send or receive any data.

I've tried a lot of things. To remove/add the PLL of 90º in the RGMII TX. I've tried to change the 88E1111 register 20 to add or remove delays in both RX_CLK and TX_CLK with different combinations. I also have connected another RGMII chip using the HSMC ports and I was able to send signals with it, so the problem is clearly the board's RGMII. I've also changed different combinations of paramenters in the RGMII registers but it's imposible to make it work.

I also have noticed that the Ethernet ports (A&B) Link LEDs are OFF now, but they were ON in some occasions (when the cable was connected). I'm not 100% sure but I think that the LEDs were ON with the same configurations that are set now.

Thanks,

Gerard

0 Kudos
3 Replies
SengKok_L_Intel
Hi Gerald, You can refer to the link below for the MAX10 TSE IP RGMII design example, you can use it as a starting point to debug your custom IP or Stack. https://fpgacloud.intel.com/devstore/platform/18.0.0/Standard/max-10-single-port-triple-speed-ethernet-and-on-board-phy-chip-design-example/ Regards -SK
0 Kudos
BJona
Novice

Hi Humusk,

I face the exat smae problem as you. Did you manage to make it work? I also tried Intel sdc example however, I'm able to receive data but the TX path is not working.

Best regards,

John

0 Kudos
BJona
Novice

Errata : It was a nibble order problem before the DDIO. My bad!

0 Kudos