FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5241 Discussions

[ADC-SoC] Low sampling rate of ADC LTC2308 on the ADC-SoC board

Shirley
Beginner

I have a Cyclone V SoC high-speed ADC Development Kit (ADC-SoC) from Terasic Inc. It uses ADC LTC2308 from Linear Technology. Both the ADC-SoC manual and the datasheet of LTC2308 says it has a sampling rate of 500ksps. However, during my measurement of LTC2308 in the ADC-SoC board using the example "ADC_SOC_ADC" provided by Terasic, it only has a sampling rate of 100ksps. Is it a hardware or software problem? Is there any way to make it 500ksps?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JonWay_C_Intel
Employee

Hi @Shirley 

Check how many channels are you measuring? The more the channels the lesser the sampling rate. Check using just 1 channel, disable the others.

Shirley
Beginner

Hi JonWay, many thanks for your reply. I forgot to mention that I had figured out how to set a higher sampling rate. Changing the tHCONVST parameter in adc_ltc2308.v to a smaller value will increase the sampling rate. It's associated with the operation of ltc2308. The default value of tHCONVST is to set a sampling rate of 100ksps.

JonWay_C_Intel
Employee

Thank you very much for your sharing. I'm sure this will be helpful to others who faces the same issue. Meanwhile, I will set this thread to closed.