FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5930 Discussions

COMBINE ELF FILE INTO SOF FILE

vietvu1912
Beginner

Hello,

I have some problems when I try to combine elf file into sof file.

1, I use "sof2flash" but I get a message that: "unrecognized device family in SOF". Does this command "sof2flash"  not support for Cyclone  10GX?

2, when I use "elf2flash" and "nios2-elf-objcopy", I generate a hex file from elf file. I try to use Convert Programing File in Quartus Pro and generate a jic file. I loaded that file into the Cyclone 10GX kit with EPCQL1024. But, it doesn't work like when I load and run sof file and elf file. I think it work like when I load sof file. elf file after combine into sof file doesn't work.

3, I try to load pof file into the Cyclone 10GX with EPCQL1024, but I receive the message cannot add target device EPCQL1024 to device chain when in current programming mode. I tried to use active serial programming and JTAG but it doesnt work. 

Can anyone tell me how to solve this problem? Thank you so much.

best regard,

Viet

0 Kudos
3 Replies
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Intel community.

What is the Quartus version that was used? I would recommend to used the latest version.

Due to a problem in the Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software version 17.1 and earlier, the sof2flash utility may fail to work with EPCQ device in Intel® Arria® 10, Intel® Cyclone® 10 and Intel® Stratix® 10 designs. You can also view the workaround/Fix from our KDB below:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/support/support-resources/knowledge-base/embedded/2018/why-does-the-sof2flash-utility-fail-to-work-with-intel--arria--1.html

Regards,

Aiman

0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

We do not receive any response from you to the previous answer that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you

0 Kudos
vietvu1912
Beginner

Thanks for your support. This problem has solved. But I have new problem when I try to run C file in fpga Nios II. I receive a error message: "Connected system ID hash not found on target at expected base address". I search to solve this problem, and I have added "System IP Peripherial" IPcore, but this problem can't solve. Can you support me to solve this? Thanks.

my project has attached below:

0 Kudos