FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5145 Discussions

Can i interface external micro controller to MAX10M50 pins other than from bank 5 and bank 6 as EMIF controller.

sab040887
Beginner

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AnandRaj_S_Intel
Employee

Hi @sab040887​ ,

Are you trying to say that you want to communicate between Micro-Controller and FPGA MAX10M50 using EMIF interface without using bank 5 and bank 6?

If Yes, Not possible without using bank 5 and bank 6 with EMIF interface.

However we can achive it by using SPI or I2C interface depending on your bandwidth to communicate with micro controller without using bank 5 and bank 6.

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/an/an485.pdf

Let me know if this has helped resolve the issue you are facing or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Anand

sab040887
Beginner

Hello Anand ,

Thank You for reply. Could you recommend me any evaluation board for MAX10 with EMIF interface ? So i can connect external Micro controller. The Evaluation boards which i am using, it doesn't have PIN OUT for Bank 5 and 6.

Thank You.

Regards,

Subodh

sab040887
Beginner

Hello Anand, I am Using MAX 10 as Client.

AnandRaj_S_Intel
Employee

​Hi Subodh,

Presently we don't have any board/Kit with pinout from Bank 5 &  6.

Regards

Anand