FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
6007 Discussions

Can't flash a sof file to Cyclone V E development kit by using JTAG protocol through programmers too

Sameer-sahu
New Contributor I

I am new to FPGA design, so this question would be an easy one for experts:
I have a Cyclone V E FPGA development kit (https://www.intel.in/content/www/in/en/products/details/fpga/development-kits/cyclone/v-e.html) which comes with preloaded FPGA code. I connected the LAN to the board's ethernet port, and the IP address was displayed on the LCD screen. Using that IP, I connected the board through the web portal and then flashed a led blinking file (blink.sof) into the board. It flashed successfully. After that, we remove the power connections and again power it on. As in the FPGA code, I didn't configure related to the LCD; now, I am not getting the IP address on the screen. Then I want to modify the FPGA design, but I don't have any IP, so I cannot alter the design. Then I tried to flash the modified design through JTAG, but I was getting the error (select onboard programming hardware is disabled).

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Sameer-sahu
New Contributor I

Hi WZ2,

thanks for your response. Now I am able to flash .sof file using JTAG protocol. Actually I didn't set the DPI switch 2 properly. When I on on on on of DPI switch 2 then JTAG protocol worked properly.

Thanks,

Sameer

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
WZ2
Employee

Hi there,

Don’t warry~ Before solve the bug, there is some points I wanna make sure:

1.      “Flashed a blink.sof to board” Is it means u Use JTAG to load the sof to cram, it is volatile when power off. And you don’t change or erase the file in flash?

2.      The setting of sw1 is “on on on on”?

3.      Make sure there is no other programming hardware driving the same JTAG pins. Do u use the USB blaster?

Best regards,

WZ

0 Kudos
Sameer-sahu
New Contributor I

Hi WZ2,

thanks for your response. Now I am able to flash .sof file using JTAG protocol. Actually I didn't set the DPI switch 2 properly. When I on on on on of DPI switch 2 then JTAG protocol worked properly.

Thanks,

Sameer

0 Kudos
WZ2
Employee

Glad to see the problem solved! The Jtag has the highest priority to config, the setting of SW just make sure that when you power up the board, there is no other config file download into cram~ I wanted to check if you have any further questions or concerns. If not, I will go ahead and mark this issue as resolved.

Additionally, we would greatly appreciate it if you could take a moment to fill out our survey. Your feedback is valuable to us and helps us improve our support quality.

Thank you for your time and cooperation.

Best regards,

WZ

0 Kudos
Sameer-sahu
New Contributor I
You can go ahead. Right now I don't have any issues.
0 Kudos