FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5924 Discussions

Cyclone V SoC Ethernet speed issue bare metal driver

Ranjithkumar828

Hi, 

We have developed an ethernet driver for Cyclone V SoC in bare-metal programming. When we are transmitting more than 80 bytes per packet in our customized board it is getting failed.  But the board can receive up to 1200 bytes in a packet.

We have used the UDP protocol.

I have tried pinging the IP with 100bytes ethernet getting unresponsive. 

we have taken the Arria10 driver as a reference and LWIP 2.0.3 as IP stack. 

We have KSZ9021RN PHY IC and configured as 10/100 Ethernet speed.

Checked the tx and RX descriptor's size and packet length and found them adequate for 1024 bytes. I have attached the code.

Seeking help from the experts. 

Kindly do the needful.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Ranjithkumar828

Hi Aik Eu, 

The above issue is soved. Some macros related to dma configuration are commanded in code. After removing the command it is solved. 

Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
aikeu
Employee

Hi Ranjithkumar828,

I will try to consult and see if there is any information which might help to answer your question.

Thanks.

Regards,

Aik Eu

0 Kudos
Ranjithkumar828

Hi Aik Eu, 

The above issue is soved. Some macros related to dma configuration are commanded in code. After removing the command it is solved. 

Thanks.

0 Kudos
aikeu
Employee

Hi Ranjithkumar828,

Do let me know if you require further help.

Thanks.

Regards,

Aik Eu

0 Kudos
Ranjithkumar828

Hi Aikeu, 

As i sent mail, When we trying to boot from  QSPI few interface like Etherenet and OLED (SPI) is not working. Please check that and provide solution for the same. 

0 Kudos
aikeu
Employee

Hi Ranjithkumar828,

I think you will require to create another case related to the QSPI booting Ethernet and OLED function was not working for tracking purpose.

Thanks.

Regards,

Aik Eu

0 Kudos
aikeu
Employee

Hi Ranjithkumar828,

Try to enable one ethernet or OLED function at a time for your system to boot up. This might help to see if those are related to timing issue due to initialization when perform QSPI boot up.

Thanks.

Regards,

Aik Eu

0 Kudos
aikeu
Employee

Hi Ranjithkumar828,

I am closing this thread for now. Do consider open a new thread for the to other issues that you have mentioned.

Thanks.

Regards,

Aik Eu

0 Kudos