FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits

DE10-Nano My First HPS Demo

jsondergaard
Novice

While following the "My First HPS" PDF tutorial from the Terrasic DE10-Nano page, I am having issues compiling the project. This step in the PDF is labelled as "2.4 Compiling the Project." When I use the make command inside of the embedded command shell, I get the message "make: Nothing to be done for '-IC'. I've attached the main.c and makefile screenshots in case someone can spot a mistake. This tutorial is years old at this time and it's likely there are different steps to take in order to perform the compilation with newer software. Anyone have ideas or know of an up to date tutorial for this development board?

main_c.jpg

makefile.jpg

  

0 Kudos
3 Replies
aikeu
Employee

Hi jsondergaard,

I am testing out one of the example and having the same problem. Will let you know once I managed to resolve it.

Thanks.

Regards,

Aik Eu

0 Kudos
aikeu
Employee

Hi jsondergaard,

I was able to perform the "make" currently without issue.

I compile the Linux Application on Windows, so consider the CROSS_COMPILE = arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-

Can refer to this related issue:

https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-SoC-FPGA-Embedded/Using-SoCEDS-Error-with-quot-my-first-hps-quot/td-p/1366844

After that, try to compare and re-edit your Makefile text alignment as below:

#

TARGET = my_first_hps

ALT_DEVICE_FAMILY ?= soc_cv_av

SOCEDS_ROOT ?= $(SOCEDS_DEST_ROOT)

HWLIBS_ROOT = $(SOCEDS_ROOT)/ip/altera/hps/altera_hps/hwlib

CROSS_COMPILE = arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-

CFLAGS = -g -Wall -D$(ALT_DEVICE_FAMILY) --include-dir=$(HWLIBS_ROOT)/include/$(ALT_DEVICE_FAMILY) --include-dir=$(HWLIBS_ROOT)/include/

CFLAGS = -g -Wall -D$(ALT_DEVICE_FAMILY) -I$(HWLIBS_ROOT)/include/$(ALT_DEVICE_FAMILY) -I$(HWLIBS_ROOT)/include/

LDFLAGS = -g -Wall

CC = $(CROSS_COMPILE)gcc

ARCH= arm

build: $(TARGET)

$(TARGET): main.o

$(CC) $(LDFLAGS) $^ -o $@

%.o : %.c

$(CC) $(CFLAGS) -c $< -o $@

.PHONY: clean

clean:

rm -f $(TARGET) *.a *.o *~

Thanks.

Regards,

Aik Eu

0 Kudos
aikeu
Employee

Hi jsondergaard,

I am closing this thread if no further question.

Thanks.

Regards,

Aik Eu

0 Kudos