FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
6034 Discussions

Datecode marking of EP3C16U256C8N

RonnieW
Beginner

EP3C16U256C8N
I used DC 2131, 2149, 2207 before, and they are Die marking Z1433, Copyright 2009, Datecode marking: G CCABG2xxxA.
Now I bought a lot with DC 2049, but it’s Die marking Z1409, Copyright 2007, Datecode marking: J CBBAA2049A.

I think Datecode marking: J CBBAA2049A is incorrect, may you advise? Thanks.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Fakhrul
Employee

Hi RonnieW,

Thank you for reaching out.

Just to let you know that Intel has received your support request and I am assigned to work on it.

Allow me some time to look into your issue. I shall come back to you with the findings.

Thank you for your patience.

Best regards,

Fakhrul

0 Kudos
Fakhrul
Employee

Hi Ronnie,

May I know the reason why you're saying the date code is incorrect?

Otherwise, you may refer to the following document and see if this is applicable to your concern:

Cyclone III Device Family Errata Sheet - Intel (Refer to page 2)

Cyclone FPGA Family - Intel

Product Marking Information for Cyclone II, III, IV, V Devices

Hope this can help you.

Regards,

Fakhrul

0 Kudos
RonnieW
Beginner

Hi Fakhrul,

RonnieW_0-1661221703805.png

I used DC 2131, 2149, 2207 before, and they are Die marking Z1433, Copyright 2009, Datecode marking: G CCABG2xxxA.
Now I bought a lot with DC 2049, but it’s Die marking Z1409, Copyright 2007, Datecode marking: J CBBAA2049A.

i.e.

Die revision identifier & fab process code is "ABG" for DC 2131, 2149 and 2207; but "BAA" for DC 2049.  

So I question is the Datecode marking: J CBBAA2049A correct. Please advise, thanks.

Best Regards,

Ronnie Wong

0 Kudos
Fakhrul
Employee

Hi Ronnie,

Our team may not have that sort of information to verify the date code.

Let me check this internally for more clarification.

I will get to you once there is any findings

Thank you for your patience.

Best regards,

Fakhrul

0 Kudos
Fakhrul
Employee

Hi Ronnie,

I just got the reply from the internal experts, he says that based on datecode formula. yes : J CBBAA2049A is correct datecode. For further confirmation, we need lot number.

Do you have any concerns so that we could further assist you.

Best regards,

Fakhrul

0 Kudos
Fakhrul
Employee

Hi Ronnie,

I wish to follow up with you about this case. Do you have any further questions on this matter?

Please feel free to let me know if there is any concern so we can further assist you.

Otherwise, this thread will be marked as inactive and transitioned to community support because there has been no update received from you in a while.

Best regards,

Fakhrul

0 Kudos