FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
4965 Discussions

Error (17045): Input port I of I/O input buffer primitive |emif_0| .. |gen_mem_alert_n.inst[0].b|no_oct.ibuf is not connected

JET60200
New Contributor I

I'm writing an project to access system ddr4 (read & write). In Quartus Pro 19.2 Platform designer, I added "EMIF IP" inside, and add a top.v as well.

But when trying to compile, it reports some err message as following:

"Error (17045): Input port I of I/O input buffer primitive u0|emif_0|emif_0|arch|arch_inst|bufs_inst|gen_mem_alert_n.inst[0].b|no_oct.ibuf is not connected. It must be driven by a top-level pin. File: E:/AlteraFPGA/test/my_pcie_II/platform/top_hw/ip/top_hw/top_hw_emif_0/altera_emif_arch_nf_191/synth/altera_emif_arch_nf_buf_udir_se_i.sv Line: 39

Error: Failed to synthesize partition

Info: Synthesizing partition "auto_fab_0"

.."

What does this error mean ? And HOW to fix it ? thanks ~

gen_mem_alert_n__is not connected.png

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JET60200
New Contributor I

continue ..

in << External Memory Interface Handbook Volume 2: DesignGuidelines。pdf >>

• 7.4.3.2. Arria 10 EMIF IP DDR4 Parameters: Memory

there mentions as below: " Enable ALERT#/PAR pins - MEM_DDR4_ALERT_PAR_EN " which describes as following- " .. Allows address/command calibration, which may provide better margins on the address/command bus. .

The parity pin is a dedicated pin in the address/command bank, but the alert_n pin can be placed in any bank that spans the memory interface. You should explicitly choose the location of the alert_n pin and place it in the address/command bank.

"

Could I disable this " Enable ALERT#/PAR pins " in Arria 10 SOC ? If it's mandatory pin, how should I assign pin for it (alert_n) ? Thanks great for any help.

/jet ​

BoonT_Intel

By right you will see a RZQ pin in the IP top level file. You need to export this pon to top level and assign with an input pin.