FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
4965 Discussions

How to access DDR3 memory on a DE10 Nano board (Cyclone V)?

Tochiro
Beginner

Hello,

I would like to access the HPS DDR3 RAM from the FPGA. The goal would be to have a RAM module on the FPGA side that would allow reading or writing to a certain address every time it is updated. But I want only one value to be stored on the FPGA side, I don't want to have a big on chip memory block that just copies a block of the same size on the DDR3 side. The idea is really to have access to a large amount of memory on the DDR3 side and to access it only by the address, reading and writing one value at a time.

The problem is that even after doing quite a bit of googling and reading the terasic manuals and demonstrations, I still can't build my system. I'm having trouble seeing the steps to follow and how to get everything right. I understand that I'm supposed to use the FPGA-to-HPS bridge (I don't want to use the ram bridge as it isn't cache coherent) and do memory mapping, but after that I can't get it in place. Is there someone who can guide me?

Thanks

0 Kudos
0 Replies