FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5951 Discussions

Error: Can't find the instance. Download a design with SRAM Object File containing t

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I got the following Error when Signaltap was used with stratix board. 

Error: Can't find the instance. Download a design with SRAM Object File containing this instance. 

Any help is appreciated. 

Sasi
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Did you add the signals to the signaltap .stp file before you complied and built the project? 

The .stp file used for Analysis with SignalTap needs to match that used during the build. i.e. adding signals after the build does not work
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

yes i did that. 

still i see same Error. 

Thanks.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

1. The correct SignalTap file has to be selected in Project settings under SignalTap II. 

2, Check if the *.sof file loaded to the device is actually the new generated one. A different file may heve been selected before and is kept in the stp settings then. 

3. Assure, that no other configuration mechanism is reloading the configuration. It may be necessary to check "Halt on-chip configuration controller" in programmer options.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi this problem I also meet when build Quartus project .you can follow this step to solve it, 

click "assignment " select "setting " you can see there have Signaltap setting. you don't  

select , this problem can pass
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You can open the content in Quartus II Help version 7.x, then click "message list". There are some advices about this. 

But this problem still can't solve.:confused: I also want to use the SignalTap II and can't pass this problem.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Finally I correct some logic errors then the SignalTap can work although "can't find the instance" still occurs sometimes. 

Plus, though the sampling clock meets the Nyquist frequency, the data wave looks bad. I think the solution is the actual Logic Analyzer.
0 Kudos