FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5234 Discussions

Error: Compiler Error, not able to generate hardware

JNova9
Beginner

Hello,

I needing help with this error: "Error: Compiler Error, not able to generate hardware". I compiled my projet (OpenCL for fpga-bdx-opencl), and the file ".aocx" not created. Someone helpe me this case? please?

Bellow show the all text the file "build.log".

aoc hello_world.cl In file included from <built-in>:11140: <command line>:2:30: warning: ISO C99 requires whitespace after the macro name #define ACL_BOARD_bdw_fpga_v1.0 1 ^ <command line>:3:31: warning: ISO C99 requires whitespace after the macro name #define AOCL_BOARD_bdw_fpga_v1.0 1 ^ 2 warnings generated. Compiler Warning: Limiting maximum work-group size to 512 in function hello_worl d(...) to support private memory. Error: Compiler Error, not able to generate hardware

Thanks a lot.

João Paulo.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
HRZ
Valued Contributor II

Such queries are best suited for the "High level Design" forum. Either way, check the "quartus_sh_compile.log" generated by the compiler for more info as to why the compilation failed.