FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5925 Discussions

Error in NIOS II project: " address 0x132c4 of <project_name>.elf section `.rwdata' is not within region `<memory_name>

ABola2
Novice

I am using Quartus standard to create a NIOS II project, once I've created the project and build it it gives me this error, even while using a very simple hello world.

Please help

@AhmedH_Intel​  @AAnan​ 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Ahmed_H_Intel1
Employee
Hi Amanda, Due to insufficient memory size in .qsys file, Eclipse® assembler is not able to fit the software regions in that memory. Do the following steps to end this: 1- Go to your Platform Designer (Qsys®) project. 2-Open the on-chip memory properties. 3- Increase the memory size to a value that fits the design and doesn't exceed the available memory size mentioned in the datasheet. 4- Recompile the Quartus® project. 5-Regenerate the BSP and rebuild the application. Regards,

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Ahmed_H_Intel1
Employee
Hi Amanda, Due to insufficient memory size in .qsys file, Eclipse® assembler is not able to fit the software regions in that memory. Do the following steps to end this: 1- Go to your Platform Designer (Qsys®) project. 2-Open the on-chip memory properties. 3- Increase the memory size to a value that fits the design and doesn't exceed the available memory size mentioned in the datasheet. 4- Recompile the Quartus® project. 5-Regenerate the BSP and rebuild the application. Regards,