FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.

Fifo simulation

VSavi3
Beginner

Hi,
I am using altera libraries cells to run simulation of my design in synopsys vcs. Basically few fifo and memories I use. I compile altera_mf.v file for this purpose. The compilation is going well. However, while running the simulation I see following message continuously printing on screen.
/*****************************************
Time: 0 Instance: ser_fifo.scfifo_component
Time: 0 Instance: a_graycounter
is not a hexadecimal value
is not a hexadecimal value
Please suggest, how to get rid of this error. I am using Synopsys VCS simulation Q-2020.03-SP1 version.
Regards,
Vikram

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RichardTanSY_Intel

I do not seen this error before. Could you share the design that could duplicate this error and the steps to duplicate it? 

VSavi3
Beginner

Hi,

I here with attached the compile log of the simulation, Please scroll down till end you will find continuous display of " is not a hexadecimal value".

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Vikram

RichardTanSY_Intel

hi, without a design, it will be hard to determine why this error occur. please help to share your design so we could check on this. If your design is confidential, a simplify design that could duplicate the error will good enough for investigation.

You may checkout the fifo user guide below along with the design example (at page 30):

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/ug/ug_fifo.pdf