FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5197 Discussions

How can I measure power consumption on MAX10 Eval Board?

ch_briand
Beginner

Hi,

I'm trying to study power consumption of a MAX10 (10M50F484), and I am using the Evaluation Kit. The MAX 10 FPGA 10M50 Evaluation Kit User Guide says in the first section that this kit enables user to "Measure FPGA power (VCC_CORE)", but I can't find how to do so. 

Could you provide me with some resources about how/what I should measure on the board to access VCC_CORE?

Thanks in advance for your help!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hi

Welcome to INTEL forum. You could measure the power consumption of a MAX10 by using multimeter and perform on board measurement. Then calculate power consumption.

Refer here, https://www.programmersought.com/article/38681723188/

AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hope all is well. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you

ch_briand
Beginner

Hi,

Thank you for the link you send, it gave me an idea about what to do!

Unfortunately, this tutorial is dedicated to MAX10 10M08SAE144C8GES, and I am working on 10M50F484.

Though I understand that I should use the Test Pads on the board, the ones I can use on mine seem to be linked to GND (as you can see in the picture attached).

For instance, if I want to measure the current drawn for the CORE voltage, where should I put the multimeter on the board?

Thank you in advance,