FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5921 Discussions

How to download jic file to C10 lp eval-kit flash memory

LFu00
Beginner

I have C10 lp eval-kit Rev A2 (128 Mb EPCQ-A). I use Quartus Prime Lite 18.1. This free edition Quartus seems not support Board Test System. I want to generate jic file for my own design and down load jic file to flash memory. Since this eval-kit has MAX 10, which I don't want to mess up (it is not user programmable), I am not sure if I should add this device to chain description file cdf window. If I don't add MAX 10, then I will get error saying "209031 Device chain in Chain Description File does not match physical device chain -- expected 1 device(s) but found 2 device(s). " and "209012 Operation failed". I don't know how to add MAX 10 to cdf window properly. If I add MAX 10 to chain, the error is "209012 Operation failed". What is the proper way to configure this chain? Thanks!

LFu00

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AnandRaj_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Lisa,

Click on Autodetect, right-click & select change file and select .jic and click start.

Regarding chain description file, it should be somthing like

Device PartName(10CL025Y) Path("project Directory /output_files/") File("output_file.jic") MfrSpec(OpMask(1) SEC_Device(EPCQ128) Child_OpMask(1 1));

Let me know if this has helped resolve the issue you are facing or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Anand

0 Kudos
LFu00
Beginner

Hi Anand,

Thank you for help!

I have followed your instruction to setup cdf window. I still get error saying "209012 Operation failed". This is same as the error I got before. I have attached a screen shot here. What else I probably did wrong?

Regards,

Lisa

0 Kudos
AnandRaj_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Lisa,

Okay,

You have to change the switch (SW.4=bypass) state and try the steps mentioned in the previous post.

Let me know if this has helped resolve the issue you are facing or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Anand

c10lpjic.JPG

0 Kudos
LFu00
Beginner

Hi Anand,

Thank you for help! You are correct. I forgot to set sw1.4 to "ON" position. After that I can download jic file to flash without problem.

Regards,

Lisa

0 Kudos