FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5892 Discussions

How to read/write Max10 CFM over JTAG

CBrem1
Beginner

I'm trying to write to the CFM on a 10M08 through the JTAG interface. I have been able to get the device ID and enter the ISC mode but have been unable to read or write to the CFM.

I am unsure of how to correctly use the JTAG commands outlined in the configuration datasheet. It seems like the datasheet may be missing some key information on how to perform these commands. What is the proper way to read/write to the CFM with these JTAG commands?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

For In-system Programming, I would recommend you to generate the JAM file which will provide the guide on how it is being performed. You can either directly use the JAM file to performed it or write your own program.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

If you are looking into using JTAG command to directly interface with the CFM then I am sorry to tell you that we do not support this features. I would recommend you to design JTAG to Avalon Master IP and On-Chip Flash IP in your Quartus design. Then you may use System Console to access the CFM and UFM.

Please refer to https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/hb/max-10/ug_m10_ufm.pdf

0 Kudos
CBrem1
Beginner

I think there may have been some miscommunication on my end about what I am try to do. I'm trying to perform the In-System Programming that is outlined in the MAX 10 Configuration User Guide. A former colleague was able to do this in the past but required assistance from a tech rep.

I have been able to successfully execute the first few steps of the sequence but I have not been able to clear, write, or read the CFM. I'm looking for some help with how exactly to perform these steps.

0 Kudos
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

For In-system Programming, I would recommend you to generate the JAM file which will provide the guide on how it is being performed. You can either directly use the JAM file to performed it or write your own program.

0 Kudos