FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5931 Discussions

I am using the DE10-NANO Cyclone V board. I am trying to run a Hello World program and when I am compiling my Makefile, the following is the error I get. Please notice that I can't run my Makefile just typing "make". I have to write "make -f Makefile.mk".

ADarj
Beginner

$ make -f Makefile.mk

arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc.exe -g -Wall  main.o -o my_first_hps

main.o: In function `_fini':

:(.fini+0x0): multiple definition of `_fini'

c:/users/amrita.darji/desktop/intelfpga/19.1/embedded/ds-5/sw/gcc/bin/../arm-linux-gnueabihf/libc/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/crti.o:(.fini+0x0): first defined here

main.o: In function `__data_start':

:(.data+0x0): multiple definition of `__data_start'

c:/users/amrita.darji/desktop/intelfpga/19.1/embedded/ds-5/sw/gcc/bin/../arm-linux-gnueabihf/libc/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/crt1.o::(.data+0x0): first defined here

main.o: In function `__data_start':

:(.data+0x4): multiple definition of `__dso_handle'

c:/users/amrita.darji/desktop/intelfpga/19.1/embedded/ds-5/sw/gcc/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux-gnueabihf/4.8.3/crtbegin.o:(.data+0x0): first defined here

main.o:(.rodata+0x0): multiple definition of `_IO_stdin_used'

c:/users/amrita.darji/desktop/intelfpga/19.1/embedded/ds-5/sw/gcc/bin/../arm-linux-gnueabihf/libc/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/crt1.o:(.rodata.cst4+0x0): first defined here

main.o: In function `_start':

:(.text+0x0): multiple definition of `_start'

c:/users/amrita.darji/desktop/intelfpga/19.1/embedded/ds-5/sw/gcc/bin/../arm-linux-gnueabihf/libc/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/crt1.o::(.text+0x0): first defined here

main.o: In function `_init':

:(.init+0x0): multiple definition of `_init'

c:/users/amrita.darji/desktop/intelfpga/19.1/embedded/ds-5/sw/gcc/bin/../arm-linux-gnueabihf/libc/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/crti.o:(.init+0x0): first defined here

c:/users/amrita.darji/desktop/intelfpga/19.1/embedded/ds-5/sw/gcc/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux-gnueabihf/4.8.3/crtend.o:(.tm_clone_table+0x0): multiple definition of `__TMC_END__'

main.o::(.data+0x8): first defined here

collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

make: *** [my_first_hps] Error 1

0 Kudos
3 Replies
EBERLAZARE_I_Intel

Hi,

May I know which tutorial you are working on from our user guide/website etc.?

Also, which SoC EDS version are you using?

0 Kudos
ADarj
Beginner

I am using THE my_first_hps, the user guide and user manual.

Cyclone V, 5CSEBA6U23I7NDK

0 Kudos
EBERLAZARE_I_Intel

May I know which SoC EDS you had tested on?

0 Kudos