FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5239 Discussions

I am using the DE10-NANO Cyclone V board. I am trying to run a Hello World program and when I am compiling my Makefile, the following is the error I get. Please notice that I can't run my Makefile just typing "make". I have to write "make -f Makefile.mk".

ADarj
Beginner

$ make -f Makefile.mk

arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc.exe -g -Wall  main.o -o my_first_hps

main.o: In function `_fini':

:(.fini+0x0): multiple definition of `_fini'

c:/users/amrita.darji/desktop/intelfpga/19.1/embedded/ds-5/sw/gcc/bin/../arm-linux-gnueabihf/libc/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/crti.o:(.fini+0x0): first defined here

main.o: In function `__data_start':

:(.data+0x0): multiple definition of `__data_start'

c:/users/amrita.darji/desktop/intelfpga/19.1/embedded/ds-5/sw/gcc/bin/../arm-linux-gnueabihf/libc/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/crt1.o::(.data+0x0): first defined here

main.o: In function `__data_start':

:(.data+0x4): multiple definition of `__dso_handle'

c:/users/amrita.darji/desktop/intelfpga/19.1/embedded/ds-5/sw/gcc/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux-gnueabihf/4.8.3/crtbegin.o:(.data+0x0): first defined here

main.o:(.rodata+0x0): multiple definition of `_IO_stdin_used'

c:/users/amrita.darji/desktop/intelfpga/19.1/embedded/ds-5/sw/gcc/bin/../arm-linux-gnueabihf/libc/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/crt1.o:(.rodata.cst4+0x0): first defined here

main.o: In function `_start':

:(.text+0x0): multiple definition of `_start'

c:/users/amrita.darji/desktop/intelfpga/19.1/embedded/ds-5/sw/gcc/bin/../arm-linux-gnueabihf/libc/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/crt1.o::(.text+0x0): first defined here

main.o: In function `_init':

:(.init+0x0): multiple definition of `_init'

c:/users/amrita.darji/desktop/intelfpga/19.1/embedded/ds-5/sw/gcc/bin/../arm-linux-gnueabihf/libc/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/crti.o:(.init+0x0): first defined here

c:/users/amrita.darji/desktop/intelfpga/19.1/embedded/ds-5/sw/gcc/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux-gnueabihf/4.8.3/crtend.o:(.tm_clone_table+0x0): multiple definition of `__TMC_END__'

main.o::(.data+0x8): first defined here

collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

make: *** [my_first_hps] Error 1

0 Kudos
3 Replies
EBERLAZARE_I_Intel

Hi,

May I know which tutorial you are working on from our user guide/website etc.?

Also, which SoC EDS version are you using?

ADarj
Beginner

I am using THE my_first_hps, the user guide and user manual.

Cyclone V, 5CSEBA6U23I7NDK

EBERLAZARE_I_Intel

May I know which SoC EDS you had tested on?