FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5892 Discussions

Interface ID check failed Intel Devcloud

RJimé1
Beginner

Hello,

I have come across an error that have never occurred to me before in Intel Devcloud. I was trying to program an Intel Arria 10 with a kernel I had compiled a month ago with AOC v20.1 and the following came up:

libopae-c bitstream.c:387:validate_bitstream_metadata() **ERROR** : Interface ID check failed
Error writing bitstream to FPGA: invalid parameter
Error programming device
aocl program: Program failed.

I tried to program the FPGA with aocl program acl0 <kernel_name>. I could program the FPGA with this command and this kernel one month ago. What is going on?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AnilErinch_A_Intel

Hi ,

Please refer to the section 5 of the link below . Each interface is expected to have a specific ID. 

Please cross verify the same. 

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/documentation/iyu1522005567196.html#ymd1547877021916

Thanks and Regards

Anil

0 Kudos
RJimé1
Beginner

Thank you for your answer.

I tried to recompile a kernel and it seems the error is gone. There is a big bunch of kernels I have to recompile, then. Does this have anything to do with a recent change in the BSPs of the cards or something like that?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
AnilErinch_A_Intel

Hi ,

Good to know that the issue is not re-occurring.

The software versions do get updated on the nodes as per the releases.

Thanks and Regards

Anil

0 Kudos
dmdeangelo
Beginner

Hello.

I don't know if I can continue the topic, if I'm wrong, please let me know.

I am experiencing the same error.

I tried to compile my kernel again, but it doesn't change.
To test, I tried to run the "hello_world" tutorial, exactly as described and I get the same message.

I ran the command "fpgainfo fme" and received:

Board Management Controller, microcontroller FW version 26895
Last Power Down Cause: POK_CORE
Last Reset Cause: External reset
Power-on-reset
// ****** FME ****** //
Object Id: 0xEF00000
PCIe s: b: d: f: 0000: 3B: 00: 0
Device Id: 0x09C4
Socket Id: 0x00
Ports Num: 01
Bitstream Id: 0x124000200000367
Bitstream Version: 1.2.4
Pr Interface Id: 38d782e3-b612-5343-b934-2433e348ac4c
Boot Page: user

In the link

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/documentation/iyu1522005567196.html#bmo1522434059657

says:

FW version 26895 belongs to Acceleration Stack Version 1.2.1
But I have selected Acceleration Stack Version 1.2.

Is there a problem with that?

0 Kudos
dmdeangelo
Beginner

Adding information ...

I spent the day trying to solve this, I really need to make it work.

When compiling the model (hello_world), I am receiving a message that I did not receive before.

...... / hello_world $ make
../common/src/AOCLUtils/opencl.cpp: In function ‘_cl_program * aocl_utils :: createProgramFromBinary (cl_context, const char *, _cl_device_id * const *, unsigned int)’:
../common/src/AOCLUtils/opencl.cpp:388:22: warning: ignoring attributes on template argument ‘cl_int {aka int}’ [-Wignored-attributes]
scoped_array <cl_int> binary_status (num_devices);

Does anyone know the reason for a lib (in devcloud) that previously worked to no longer work?

Has anyone seen a similar error?

0 Kudos
AnilErinch_A_Intel

Hi , 

The acceleration stack versions 1.2 and 1.2.1 have multiple differences. 

As you can see here 

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/solutions/acceleration-hub/archives.html

So it is preferred to use the software matching to the latest settings in the Devcloud.

If you can provide the exact steps and options provided by you for running the kernels, that would help. 

Thanks and Regards

Anil 

0 Kudos
dmdeangelo
Beginner

Hi, Anil.

Thank you for your interest.

Actually I don't know what's wrong, I don't know if the problem is in the versions.

When I started having problems, I tried to run hello world to find out if the problem was my code or the system.

I access devcloud, select Arria 10 PAC (OpenCL), choose stack 1.2, run tools_setup, select Arria 10 PAC (OpenCL).

Then I perform the steps in this tutorial: https://github.com/intel/FPGA-Devcloud/tree/master/main/QuickStartGuides/OpenCL_Program_PAC_Quickstart/Arria%2010

When I execute "make" the errors that I put in the previous post appear (in fact it gives me a warning).

When I try to write to the card, I get the errors that I put in the first message.

A few days ago I couldn't get access, the servers seemed down. When it started working again, I started having this problem.

Is there any way to reset my account on the server?
What do you think we can do?

My best regards.

0 Kudos