FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5925 Discussions

Is there a minimal working example written in either vhdl or verilog for using the ethernet connection on the cyclone 10 lp development kit?

JHonk
Beginner

I am looking for a minimal working example with which I could send some test data through the on board ethernet of the cyclone 10 lp development kit. I have a signal generation module written in vhdl, which generates 16 bit sine that I want to sent through the ethernet to PC. At the moment I have an UART for communication between PC and fpga.

I am learning how to use ethernet, therefore the simplest possible protocol and ip configuration would be very useful right now.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Abe
Valued Contributor II

There's no design example or reference design for Cyclone 10LP devices, but you can try with the following Triple speed Ethernet example for Cyclone III. You may have to modify the design a bit, ie, regenerate the corresponding IP for Cyclone10 LP device, build the HW and SW and test it out. Pay attention to re-targeting the device and the pin outs.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/support/support-resources/design-examples/intellectual-property/embedded/nios-ii/exm-tse-sgdma.html

0 Kudos