FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5892 Discussions

Looking for a list of all possible parameters supported by "jtagconfig --getparam"?

SusanB
New Contributor I

Trying to change the frequency on my JTAG programmer, getting the same ​"No parameter named JtagClock" that other users have posted.  Is there a list somewhere of all the possible parameters or a way to query the device firmware for a list of all of its parameters? 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ShafiqY_Intel
Employee

Hi SusanB,

Below link is the command to change TCK frequency (on page 14= 2.8. Changing the TCK Frequency)

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/ug/ug_usb_blstr_ii_cable.pdf#page=14

Please use "NIOS II command shell" to execute "jtagconfig --setparam " command

Thanks.

0 Kudos
SusanB
New Contributor I

​That's the same answer that led me to attempt the command and to post the message that I get about the unknown jtag clock parameter.  I am asking for help beyond the command - if my probe doesn't recognize jtag clock as a parameter (even when entered correctly typed), is there any way to find out what parameters my probe does support?  It is made by a 3rd party but recognized by Quartus programmer.

0 Kudos
ShafiqY_Intel
Employee

For mine, I just execute "jtagconfig --setparam " command to find out supported command.

jtagconfig.JPG

May I know do you used USB-Blaster II cable or Onboard USB-Blaster II?

I dont think you can change frequency on the Onboard USB-Blaster II.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
SusanB
New Contributor I

​That provides you with a list of supported commands, not a list of supported parameters.  My cable info is shown in the picture below.

jtag_config.JPG

0 Kudos
ShafiqY_Intel
Employee

Hi SusanB,

Thanks for the screenshot.

Now I understand the problem here.

For your information, USB-Blaster I does not support the TCK Frequency changing feature.

Only USB-Blaster II is support the TCK Frequency changing feature.

I hope this clear to you.

Thanks.

0 Kudos