FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5158 Discussions

Looking for a list of all possible parameters supported by "jtagconfig --getparam"?

SusanB
New Contributor I

Trying to change the frequency on my JTAG programmer, getting the same ​"No parameter named JtagClock" that other users have posted.  Is there a list somewhere of all the possible parameters or a way to query the device firmware for a list of all of its parameters? 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ShafiqY_Intel
Employee

Hi SusanB,

Below link is the command to change TCK frequency (on page 14= 2.8. Changing the TCK Frequency)

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/ug/ug_usb_blstr_ii_cable.pd...

Please use "NIOS II command shell" to execute "jtagconfig --setparam " command

Thanks.

SusanB
New Contributor I

​That's the same answer that led me to attempt the command and to post the message that I get about the unknown jtag clock parameter.  I am asking for help beyond the command - if my probe doesn't recognize jtag clock as a parameter (even when entered correctly typed), is there any way to find out what parameters my probe does support?  It is made by a 3rd party but recognized by Quartus programmer.

ShafiqY_Intel
Employee

For mine, I just execute "jtagconfig --setparam " command to find out supported command.

jtagconfig.JPG

May I know do you used USB-Blaster II cable or Onboard USB-Blaster II?

I dont think you can change frequency on the Onboard USB-Blaster II.

Thanks.

SusanB
New Contributor I

​That provides you with a list of supported commands, not a list of supported parameters.  My cable info is shown in the picture below.

jtag_config.JPG

ShafiqY_Intel
Employee

Hi SusanB,

Thanks for the screenshot.

Now I understand the problem here.

For your information, USB-Blaster I does not support the TCK Frequency changing feature.

Only USB-Blaster II is support the TCK Frequency changing feature.

I hope this clear to you.

Thanks.