FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5925 Discussions

Max 10 development kit installer

VNH00
Beginner

while running board test system (bts) warning "no JTAG cable detected or selected"

I am running windows 10 pro with Quartus 16.1 installed. JTAG drivers installed and are visible in device manager section. Device gets detected in Quartus chain detection.

kindly help me with this problem

0 Kudos
5 Replies
SreekumarR_G_Intel
Hello Viraj, I assume you are using the Rev C board , Link below for the reference, https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/products/boards_and_kits/dev-kits/altera/max-10-fpga-development-kit.html if so, can you kindly confirm the SW2 setting in the board ? Thank you , Regards, Sree
0 Kudos
VNH00
Beginner

Yes the board is Rev. C and the SW2 positions are

1. USER_DIPSW4 - position 0
  2. CONFIG_SEL - position 0
  3. VTAP_BYPASSN - position 1
  4. HSMC_BYPASSN - position 0

Thankyou,

0 Kudos
SreekumarR_G_Intel

Did you get chance to try both the JTAG in the board ?

i.e i) using USB - Blaster and other one is JTAG header -> USB Blaster device connected externally ?

Can I also know you able to connect the device and detect but while run the BTS only you are facing this "No JTAG cable detected or selected " issue ?

Thank you ,

Regards,

Sree

0 Kudos
VNH00
Beginner

Yes I tried both the options and its the same warning "No JTAG cable detected or selected"

The problem is only when I run BTS, there is no issue if I just start programming the device in Quartus 16.1 programmer. Both the JTAG drivers get detected.

Thankyou,

Regards,

Viraj

0 Kudos
SreekumarR_G_Intel

Ok good to know it is only BTS issue.

Actually BTS is very heavily rely on the quartus software version due to lib specific. Here is the link for setting environmental variables for BTS and use the same quartus version tool as BTS was used to build.

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/support/kdb/downloads/rd01292013_416/setting_up_environment_variables_for_gui.pdf

Thank you ,

regards,

Sree

0 Kudos