FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5408 Discussions

PMBus Configuration and VID setting Error

Harriet5he
Employee

Hi, I met an Error when programming the Stratix 10 SX FPGA.

it shows the same as @Ppavan  mentioned:

1. Error(18950): Device has stopped receiving configuration data 
2. Error(18948): Error message received from device: Detected hardware access error. There is a failure in accessing external hardware. (Subcode 0x0032, Info 0x00000000, Location 0x0000B400)
3. Error(20072): A PMBUS error has occurred during configuration. Potential errors: Incorrect VID setting in Quartus Project. The target device fails to communicate to smart regulator or PMBUS Master on board.
4. Error(209012): Operation failed

I've followed the solutions following other posts on the user guide, on the checklist and in Intel FDB, but I failed to find out what's wrong. I've tried every pin options about the SDM, and I applied the same regulator as another Stratix 10 product. It doesn't work.

I wonder must I open the server again to check the pins? (Though I've tried every possible combinations of the pins in my "Configuration Pin Options" so I doubt whether it goes wrong in this particular option)

At the same time, I'm not sure how to fix the type of regulator applied on the board, I find its "relative" uses EM2130H, but the software assigned it as LTM4677. Also, if I select "Other" in this option, whether should I enter the particular regulator and if the answer is yes, where could I enter it?

I am using Quartus Prime Pro 19.1

I am using Stratix 10 SX Dev Kit with Device:  1SX280HN2F43E2VG

Thanks for all help!!!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Harriet5he
Employee

OHHH I solved this problem.

I checked the update package of the d5005 chip and searched for qsf file in openCL hardware manager, and changed power management setting in my project. The core error is a wrong address number of the slave device protected by the openCL interface.

Thanks very much!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Have you tried to use the sof file from dev kit installation package "https://www.intel.com/content/dam/altera-www/global/en_US/support/boards-kits/stratix10/soc/stratix1..."?

Harriet5he
Employee

Yes, I tried them as long as I met the error.

However, the setting in this design is not compatible with the FPGA I want to program onto, so it always fail. 

Then I checked the qsf file in this package and reviewed the setting in my project according but it didn't work, too. 

Harriet5he
Employee

OHHH I solved this problem.

I checked the update package of the d5005 chip and searched for qsf file in openCL hardware manager, and changed power management setting in my project. The core error is a wrong address number of the slave device protected by the openCL interface.

Thanks very much!

JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

I am glad that to hear that the issue has been resolved.