* Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 17763)
* System Manufacturer: LENOVO System Model: 81C3
* BIOS: 1YCN35WW(V2.02) (type: UEFI)
* Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8250U CPU @ 1.60GHz (8 CPUs)
* Memory: 8192MB RAM DirectX Version:
* DirectX 12 DX Setup Parameters:
* Not found User DPI Setting: 144 DPI (150 percent)
* System DPI Setting: 144 DPI (150 percent)
* Card name: Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620 Manufacturer: Intel Corporation Chip type: Intel(R) UHD Graphics Family DAC type: Internal Device Type: Full Device (POST)
I am running an "Lenovo Yoga 720" laptop.
And for over a week now i have been having an issue installing kali linux - dual booting - Like installing it alongside windows 10.....
* I am running an windows 10 machine
* I have created an USB with kali linux
* I turned my laptop from RAID ---> AHCI
* I turned off "secure boot"
* I have UEFI activated and NOT: LEGACY
* The Kali Linux version i have installed to my usb is "kali 2018.3"
* My harddrive is an SSD that i am trying to install on
* I did contact lenovo to ask them if my laptop ”lenovo yoga 720” can run kali linux: and they said that the yoga laptops are not tested with kali linux yet.
* I have been contacting Intel to ask if my graphic card can run ”Kali Linux” and the answer i got was: I have not got an answer yet
* The hash on the kali linux iso file is verified, with other words the USB is working perfectly.
* I have also tested the usb on two other devices so i am sure that the USB is working.
So here is the problem:
So when i start the usb from boot menu this happens:
So when i click on the usb... i hear two strange sounds...
Im clicking in Install...
There is just this black box and then everyting freeze and i have to hold down the power button to shut down the laptop...
So i did try to install Debian (latest version) on my laptop [The USB worked because i tested it on my main pc]
And this happend:
So yes i got to the installation screen...
So when i clicked install... I got a black screen and the fans went ”rage-mode”
Please keep your questions pertaining to Intel FPGA product within this forum. Since this forum only covers Intel FPGA product, thus our Intel agents will not be able to provide the right support related non-Intel FPGA product. Please do post your question to the correct forum that would be able to address your need. Thank you.