FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5159 Discussions

Quartus_cvp command not found, Programming Image Core CvP

SATC
New Contributor I

I'm trying to connect the Intel Cyclone 10 GX device to PCIe. When I execute the command described in the Intel manual:

quartus_cvp --vid=<Vendor ID> --did=<Device ID> xxx.core.rbf

The terminal presents me the following error: Quartus_cvp command not found.

I already set the Quartus Path in the environment variable as show the Figure. And I did moved the .core.rbf file to the path Quartus/bin

Captura de tela de 2020-05-07 16-45-01.png

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

You will need to performed the setup below in order to install the quartus_cvp. You may refer to https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/ug/ug_cvp.pdf Chapter - Installing Jungo WinDriver in Linux Systems for more information

Installing Jungo WinDriver in Linux Systems

1. Navigate to <Quartus Prime installation path>/quartus/drivers/wdrvr/linux<32 or 64> 2.
  2. Run the following commands:
    1. ./configure --disable-usb-support
    2. make
    3. su
    4. make install
  3. You can change the permissions for the device file. For example, chmod 666 /dev/windrvr6.
  4. For 64-bit Linux systems, set the Quartus_64BIT environment variable before you run quartus_cvp using the following command:
    1. export QUARTUS_64BIT=1
  5. You can use the quartus_cvp command to download *core .rbf files to your FPGA. The following table lists the quartus_cvp commands for all modes