FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5932 Discussions

Regarding the Intel Agilex series GPIO Banks IO standards

Maitry
Novice

Hello support team, 

We are planning to use Intel Agilex series FPGA: AGFB027R24C2I3E along with the external analog devices multiple ADC device ( AD9653). 

As analog devices ADC device is providing digital outputs and clocks in LVDS having 1.8 V IO standard which I need to interface to Intel agilex series FPGA GPIO Banks ( total 192 LVDS IOs for 12 Nos of AD9653 and total 48 LVDS output clocks). Which GPIO Bank would be suitable for this as in the GPIO user guide, I have not found any 1.8 V compatible GPIO Banks. Request you to provide guidance for the same. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
lixy
Employee

Hi Maitry,

You can refer to the following two Knowledge Database Articles.

As long as the common mode range and the differential voltage swing is compatible between the two devices there will be no problem and you can DC couple the interface. 

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/programmable/articles/000078537.html

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/programmable/articles/000074485.html

Check the I/O standard specifications of the ADC device you are using and see if VOD, VOCM of ADC LVDS output falls in the range of Agilex 7 VID and VICM. The same when checking Agilex 7 output to ADC input.

lixy_0-1688464385222.png

Thanks & Regards,

Xiaoyan

lixy
Employee

Hi Martry,

I wonder if my answer resolved your question?

Thanks & Regards,

Xiaoyan

Maitry
Novice

Hello Xiaoyan, 

Thank you for your response. Yes, I got your point. 

0 Kudos
Maitry
Novice

Hello, 

I have gone through the ADC datasheet, in which my LVDS output offset voltage( VOS) range is 1.15 to 1.35 V. So, in order to fall the ADC output range in intel agilex series FPGA GPIO bank IO standard, I need to use the GPIO Bank VCCIO_PIO at 1.5 V, right?

I have checked in the reference schematic, in which by default GPIO Bank is operating with VCCIO_PIO at 1.2 V. In order to provide VCCIO_PIO at 1.5 V , Is there any software configuration need to operate these GPIO bank with VCCIO_PIO at 1.5 V?

Awaited your response. 

0 Kudos