FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5158 Discussions

Warning (332043): Overwriting existing clock: ddr3b_dqs_p[5]_OUT

Sushmita
Beginner

Hi,

I am using NIOS ii ethernet main system example design (https://fpgacloud.intel.com/devstore/platform/16.0.0/Standard/nios-ii-simple-socket-server-ethernet-...  )

I have integrated my RTL with the provided example design in qsys. I am using Avalon interface in my design. I am planning to run Avalon part of my code at 100 MHz.

The SDRAM controller IP uses ref clock of 125 MHz to generate AFI clock of 150 MHz. I have not connected the AFI clock (afi_clk) and AFI reset to any IP in qsys. Although I supply the input clock from a clock source to my RTL IP.

I generated the design and gave for compilation. I have contrained the clock for 50 MHz, yet the timing always fails. The failing path shown is sdram pll always. 

Moreover. I get the warnings like:

Warning (332043): Overwriting existing clock: altera_reserved_tck
Warning (332043): Overwriting existing clock: clkin_125
Warning (332043): Overwriting existing clock: eth_std_main_system_inst|sdram|eth_std_main_system_sdram_p0_sampling_clock
Warning (332043): Overwriting existing clock: ddr3b_clk_p
Warning (332043): Overwriting existing clock: ddr3b_clk_n

The detailed warnings are provided in the attachment below. The warnings were not there when i compiled the nios example design separately.

1) I would like to understand what these warnings are?

2) Are they serious or ignorable? How to remove these?

3) Should I connect the sdram AFI clock to my module that runs Avalon? (I have attached qsys image )

3) The timing failing path is sdram PLL, what can i do about it?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Eliath_G_Intel
Employee

Hi Susmita,

First of all, thanks for reaching us.

Please refer to this KDB and let me know any questions you may have.

Regards,

-Eliath