FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5892 Discussions

Why Arria10 doesn't support "incremental compiling" in Quartus Pro 19.2

JET60200
New Contributor I

Hello expert, 

I have a Arria10 Project, and it needs  2+ hours to compile it completely.  The project debugging is very very slow , becasue  we need to wait the project compiling completiob each time when we modify a bit code for further debugging. 

In Quartus Pro menu list, I found that "rapid compile" is grey, so I just wonder How can I enable "rapid compimling" to quicken the project compiling, to ease the debugging. Is there any method to enable "the incremental compiling" in my Arria10 Project ?  Thanks 

arria10_not_support_rapid_compile.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Kenny_Tan

We are doing some migration work, so the subscription might not ready. I will check internally.

Can you upgrade to latest release 20.2? If no, you will have to use command line to run the rapid recompile.

Put this to test.tcl and run it with quartus_sh -t test.tcl

load_package design

load_package flow

project_open Test

execute_flow -compile

#execute_flow -recompile

#execute_module -tool fit

#execute_module -tool sta

project_close

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Kenny_Tan

Rapid recompile is should be supported in Arria 10 device. May I know which version that you were using? I tested it in Q20.2pro edition and it is working. Also, you need to turn on enable intermediate fitter snapshots to use this feature.

To reduce the compilation time, you can refer to https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/documentation/zpr1513988353912.html#mwh1410471192919 -> 2. Reducing Compilation Time

If you were using signal probe for debugging, you can refer to https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/documentation/cxt1478215337364.html

0 Kudos
JET60200
New Contributor I

I had "subscribe  to  board" in top-right down menu, but I didn't receive the reply in my registered email ? It's strange ~

Hi @Kenny_Tan , I  use "Quartus Prime Pro 18.1" .

0 Kudos
Kenny_Tan

We are doing some migration work, so the subscription might not ready. I will check internally.

Can you upgrade to latest release 20.2? If no, you will have to use command line to run the rapid recompile.

Put this to test.tcl and run it with quartus_sh -t test.tcl

load_package design

load_package flow

project_open Test

execute_flow -compile

#execute_flow -recompile

#execute_module -tool fit

#execute_module -tool sta

project_close

0 Kudos
Kenny_Tan

For email subscription issue, you may have to contact IT for it. You may report it with https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/forms/corporate/webmaster-contact-us.html

Thanks

0 Kudos
JET60200
New Contributor I

Hello Kenny, 

regarding of "email notification" problem,  I had followed your suggested link to raise a ticket in IT case, but they told me to  request here in  FPGA community Forum, and re-direct me to here again 。 I'm not sure where to find guys to help on this "subscriotion issue". Could you help on it ?  

Thanks a lot 

0 Kudos
Kenny_Tan

any further queries?

0 Kudos
JET60200
New Contributor I

Thanks for help

Please close this ticket

0 Kudos
Kenny_Tan

Closing the ticket.

After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you with your follow-up questions

0 Kudos