FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5925 Discussions

how to load Nios program to Dev kit

dsun01
New Contributor III

Dear Support, 

I have an Arria10 GX dev board, and I am working on a project with Nios. I have successfully created a simulation and going to try the code on the board. I am reading Nios® II Software Developer Handbook Updated for Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Suite: 21.3. page 60 I quote

"In Intel Quartus Prime Pro Edition, the Nios II Flash programmer has been deprecated
and the Intel Quartus Prime Professional programmer should be used instead. You can
access the Intel Quartus Prime Professional Programmer by performing the following
steps:
1. Start the Intel Quartus Prime software. The Intel Quartus Prime Pro Edition
window appears.
2. Select Tools ➤ Programmer. The Programmer window appears."

in the Intel® Quartus® Prime Pro Edition User Guide Programmer

Updated for Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Suite: 21.3

it is only an 83 pages document, I don't think it have a clear description of the Nios II flash programming. 

my question is, after I have a FPGA .sof, and all Nios related executable .hex, .elf. how to flash them to Arria10 Dev board. so it can boot every time power on. 

please give me a link to the document and if possible which section of the document. 

Thank you very much,

appreciate your help.

David

0 Kudos
1 Solution
dsun01
New Contributor III

after reading the document for few days, find the answer at 

Embedded Design Handbook

5.2.5. Nios II Processor Booting from On-Chip Memory (OCRAM)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
dsun01
New Contributor III

after reading the document for few days, find the answer at 

Embedded Design Handbook

5.2.5. Nios II Processor Booting from On-Chip Memory (OCRAM)

0 Kudos
KellyJialin_Goh
Employee

Hi,

Greetings and welcome to Intel's forum.

You may find the information from Embedded Design Handbook at the NIOS II Configuration and Booting Methods (Section 5) for different booting methods: https://cdrdv2-public.intel.com/666980/edh_ed_handbook-683689-666980.pdf

Thank you.

Regards,

Kelly

0 Kudos
KellyJialin_Goh
Employee

Hi,

I'm glad that you managed to find the documents needed. I will set this case to close pending if you do not have any further questions.

Thank you.

Regards,

Kelly

0 Kudos
KellyJialin_Goh
Employee

Hi,

I’m glad that your question has been addressed, I now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, Please login to ‘https://supporttickets.intel.com’, view details of the desire request, and post a feed/response within the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you on your follow-up questions.

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel Support are helpful, please feel free to give best answer or rate 4/5 survey.

Thank you.

Regards,

Kelly Jialin, GOH

0 Kudos