FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5288 Discussions

how to use TSE for 1000M model

CJere3
Beginner

I generated the example test project but most Verilog files are encrypted​.I just want to send and receive data through 1000M Ethernet mode,I don't want to control  TSE ip by nios or hps. does intel has the Design_Example?as I know ,does TSE ip core only implement UDP protocal?how can I ping it,or TCP/IP protocal.can I sent datas from a PC without ARP response?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
SengKok_L_Intel
Hi Chen, You can also refer to the AN647: https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/an/an647.pdf The example design is just to validate the TSE IP functionality (MAC and PHY layer) . The UDP/TCP IP is at transport layer of the OSI model. Therefore, TSE IP is not implement anything out of MAC and PHY layer. Regards -SK
CJere3
Beginner

hello,

I read the example design for a few days.i can't understand the crcgen_dat32  in eth_gen.does the TSE generate the CRC automaticly?so why still use crcgen_dat32  function?

SengKok_L_Intel
Hi Jeremy, Yes, as per the Ethernet spec, the MAC responsible to generate the CRC for the data package. Regards -SK