FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5930 Discussions

i need to know how to upgrade the UFM by eliminating the use of JTAG-UART

AKAYA
Novice

hi,

i am doing a project for the upgradation of the UFM memory. I need to upgrade the UFM memory by eliminating the use of the JTAG-UART. it should be like once we dump the .pof file then the memory shoulf be able to upgrade with any .rpd file.

curently it can upgrade but each time we need to dump the corresponding .pof file......

can someone please suggest how to do it.??

kindly waiting for the reply... please reply its urgent

thanks and regards

0 Kudos
6 Replies
a_x_h_75
New Contributor III

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/hb/max-10/ug_m10_ufm.pdf

You can access the UFM from the device's fabric using the 'On-Chip Flash Intel FPGA IP core'.

Cheers,

Alex

0 Kudos
JohnT_Intel
Employee
0 Kudos
AKAYA
Novice

hi,

i am following the same user manual. But my issue is like for any change, we need to follow the entire step again till creating a new .pof file. But i need to know whether we can upgrade by just once creating the .pof file and then for any change the .pof file need not be changed. i have to eliminate the use of JTAG again and again.

is that posssible?

0 Kudos
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

I would recommend you to use rpd file which you can directly use to write through the On Chip Flash IP. You may refer to https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/an/an741.pdf where it provide design example to update the UFM/CFM through UART.

0 Kudos
AKAYA
Novice

Hi,

I am using the rpd file only. But the issue is I am not able to read rpd file corresponding to the pof file.

I want to know if we can read any rpd file irresspective of the pof file used.

thanks and regards

0 Kudos
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

There is no way to correspond the pof file with rpd file. Both is in different format. POF file is used in Quartus programmer while rpd file is raw binary file. So you can only directly use the rpd file to update the CFM

0 Kudos