I have both quartus 11.1sp2 and quartus 15.0, and both can't find my altera boards (de0 nano and 5CG), the usb blaster drivers are installed and windows 10 can detect my boards as you can see in the picture i attached, what can i do to resolve this probleme.
P.s : I uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers but nothing happens, and did the same thing with quartus
You didn't post any picture.
What do you mean by "quartus can't find my altera boards"?
Are you using the device programmer tool and having it scan jtag for known devices?
Are those boards known to be working?
Need to check if you have a compatible USB Blaster device driver installed and configured.
Go to Control Panel / Device Manager and expand Universal Serial Bus controllers. You should have an entry for Altera USB-Blaster there. Right click on it and select Properties. They should show something similar to what I have done on my system. See below images.
Well, that would seem to be ok.
I assume you installed the drivers from your: (INSTALLDIR)/quartus/drivers/usb-blaster/ folder?
I use both 11.0sp1 and 16.0 with my installed driver and each works ok.
You might try uninstalling/reinstalling the driver from the version of quartus you are trying to use.
Otherwise I don't know what else to suggest at the moment.
I have been using 11.0sp1 and 16.0 Quartus installed on a Win7 64b system for a long time (like 5+ yrs now).
I recently switched to a Win 10 64b release 1909 system, and have installed the same 11.0sp1 and 16.0 setups from my saved archive.
Altho Altera/Intel has not indicated that 11.0sp1 and 16.0 would work on Win10 (Win7 was last listed supported release) I have seen
no problems so far. Everything is working on Win10 same as on Win7. Keeping my fingers crossed. YMMV
ak6dn made some good debug point here. Just to top up few comment here.
- Potential Quartus USB blaster driver and OS compatibility issue
- Based on your screen shot so far, USB blaster driver installation looks good
- One thing to take note is Quartus version and OS compatibility issue. Win10 is not meant to be used with older Quartus version. You are using very old Quartus version which is developed using Win7 where Win10 may not exist at that time
- You can try following
- Use Win10 + latest Quartus standard edition (v19.1 and its USB driver
- Or use Win 7 + old Quartus v11.1 or v15 and its USB driver
- Cyclone IV device database issue
- Did you install Cyclone IV device database file so that it's able to detect Cyclone IV FPGA on De-0 board ?
- de-0 nano board issue
- Pls check out De-0 user guide doc to ensure you have configure all the jumper/switch setting correctly or back to default position
- Engage Terasic for support
FYI... De-0 Nano is not board developed by Intel.
You can check with Terasic on consultation with their board issue via Terasic technical support email : email@example.com