FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5892 Discussions

wrong data in rx_parallel_data A10 Transceiver design

druva1
New Contributor I

Hi,

I am running a simulation of an Arria 10 native transceiver IP + reset controller IP + Atx_pll

Under the 10GBase Protocol so I can transmit 64 bits of data.

The ref clock is 322.265625 Mhz, sys_clock 100 Mhz

At the moment I am just trying to pass a simple constant value of tx_parallel_data but the rx_parallel_data shows an error.

I am not sure what  I am doing wrong.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

As I understand it, you are observe incorrect RX parallel data with A10 Native PHY in Modelsim simulation. If I understand it correctly, you are using the Native PHY under 10GBase-R mode. Just would like check with you if you have had a chance to try sending constant sync pattern for 10GBase-R to see if it helps.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
druva1
New Contributor I

Hi,

Thanks for quickly replying. I am quite new to transcievers.

I've previosly succesfully simulated 1 Channel rx/tx to send 8 bits, by configuration the native with a standard PCS. And setting the Rx word Aligner pattern (hx) to: 17C, with RX word aligner mode to sync_sm. Since I used the 8/10 enconder/ decoder too.

But where could I set up a sync pattern for 10GBase-R in the native PHY IP?

cheers

0 Kudos
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

For your information, I am not really familiar with the 10GBaseR protocol requirement. However, can you try with the idle pattern of 64'h0707_0707_0707_0707 to see if it helps.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
druva1
New Contributor I

Hi,

Thanks for the trying to help, the 07070707 didn't help. But I manage to fix my error by synchronizing certain signals.

0 Kudos
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Sorry for the delay. Glad to hear that you have managed to resolve the issue.

0 Kudos