FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5282 Discussions

wrong data in rx_parallel_data A10 Transceiver design

druva1
New Contributor I

Hi,

I am running a simulation of an Arria 10 native transceiver IP + reset controller IP + Atx_pll

Under the 10GBase Protocol so I can transmit 64 bits of data.

The ref clock is 322.265625 Mhz, sys_clock 100 Mhz

At the moment I am just trying to pass a simple constant value of tx_parallel_data but the rx_parallel_data shows an error.

I am not sure what  I am doing wrong.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

As I understand it, you are observe incorrect RX parallel data with A10 Native PHY in Modelsim simulation. If I understand it correctly, you are using the Native PHY under 10GBase-R mode. Just would like check with you if you have had a chance to try sending constant sync pattern for 10GBase-R to see if it helps.

Thank you.

druva1
New Contributor I

Hi,

Thanks for quickly replying. I am quite new to transcievers.

I've previosly succesfully simulated 1 Channel rx/tx to send 8 bits, by configuration the native with a standard PCS. And setting the Rx word Aligner pattern (hx) to: 17C, with RX word aligner mode to sync_sm. Since I used the 8/10 enconder/ decoder too.

But where could I set up a sync pattern for 10GBase-R in the native PHY IP?

cheers

CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

For your information, I am not really familiar with the 10GBaseR protocol requirement. However, can you try with the idle pattern of 64'h0707_0707_0707_0707 to see if it helps.

Thank you.

druva1
New Contributor I

Hi,

Thanks for the trying to help, the 07070707 didn't help. But I manage to fix my error by synchronizing certain signals.

CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Sorry for the delay. Glad to hear that you have managed to resolve the issue.