Calculating Channel Loss from DDRx Batch Wizard Results
About the Channel Loss Calculation Tool
The Channel Loss Calculation Tool helps to analyze the results generated by the HyperLynx DDRx Batch Simulation Wizard when used to simulate external memory interfaces. The input to the tool is the result of Excel files generated by the HyperLynx DDRx Batch Simulation. The output of the tool is the calculated channel loss values needed in the Arria 10 External Memory Interface IP.
1. Download the Channel Loss Calculation Tool, located below, and place it in the desired directory.
2. Download the DDRx Batch Simulation results, located below, and place it in the desired directory.
3. Open the Channel Loss Calculation Tool and enable macros if prompted.
4. Click on the Import Data button and navigate to the directory where the DDRx Batch Simulation results are stored. Open the DDR_Results<timestamp> folder and click OK. For this example, open the DDR_Results_Jun-9-2015-11h-03m folder and click OK.
5. Click on the Run Program button and enter the memory clock frequency when prompted. For this example, enter 1066MHz and click OK.
NOTE: If an error message appears stating the HyperLynx files could not be found, but the tool is still able to import the data and run - the error message can be ignored.
You should now see the calculated channel loss numbers to be entered in Quartus during the IP generation process.
Community support is provided during standard business hours (Monday to Friday 7AM - 5PM PST). Other contact methods are available here.
Intel does not verify all solutions, including but not limited to any file transfers that may appear in this community. Accordingly, Intel disclaims all express and implied warranties, including without limitation, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement, as well as any warranty arising from course of performance, course of dealing, or usage in trade.