GPU Compute Software
Ask questions about Intel® Graphics Compute software technologies, such as OpenCL* GPU driver and oneAPI Level Zero
139 Discussions

Intel(R) Graphics Driver for Windows not found during installation

nnain1
New Contributor I

I am updating my oneAPI to latest 2021.1-beta05 version.

At the begining of the installation, I have the following message.

Intel(R) Graphics Driver for Windows not found
For developing and running applications for GPU on this system, a newer version of the Intel(R) Graphics Driver is required. Please reference the GPU driver section at https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/installation-guide-for-intel-oneapi-toolkits#installGPUdriver about GPU driver version(s) and installation information.

But I have latest driver for Intel GPU when I update the driver in Windows 10.

gpu.png

How can I make to have known to the installer that my system has Intel Gpu with latest driver.

So when I run the following line

auto type = device.get_info<info::device::device_type>();

in the code

class custom_selector : public device_selector {
public:
    custom_selector() : device_selector() {}
    int operator()(const device& device) const override {
        string device_name = device.get_info<info::device::name>();
        if (device_name.find("Intel") != string::npos) // Selecting Intel Device
            if (type == info::device_type::gpu)
                return 100;
        return -1;
    }
};

It doesn't show GPU.

Before this update, I had 2021.1-beta 03 and also had the same message during installation.

But in running the code, it can find GPU.

But new version 2021.1-beta05 can't find GPU and always return CPU using the same code.

0 Kudos
13 Replies
nnain1
New Contributor I

If I set project properties/debugging/environment is set with SYCL_DEVICE_TYPE=CPU

I see only cpu in device.get_info<info::device::device_type>();

class custom_selector : public device_selector {
public:
    custom_selector() : device_selector() {}
    int operator()(const device& device) const override {
        string device_name = device.get_info<info::device::name>();
        if (device_name.find("Intel") != string::npos) // Selecting Intel Device
            if (type == info::device_type::gpu)
                return 100;
        return -1;
    }
};

If SYCL_DEVICE_TYPE=GPU is set, device.get_info<info::device::device_type>(); gives SYCL host device.

If nothing is set, device.get_info<info::device::device_type>(); gives Intel(R) FPGA Emulation Device.

This happens only after update to beta05.

0 Kudos
GouthamK_Intel

Hi Nyan,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

We tried running the sample code in our environment:

OS Version: Windows10

Basekit Version: Beta05

Graphics: Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620

We are able to execute the sample successfully. 

We suggest you to try reinstalling the oneAPI basekit Beta05 and try running the code again. 

Reference:

Download Intel oneAPI Basekit from below link

https://software.intel.com/en-us/oneapi/base-kit

Please refer to the Installation guide below:

https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/installation-guide-for-intel-oneapi-toolkits

Regards

Goutham

0 Kudos
nnain1
New Contributor I

I have two GPUs, Intel HD Graphic and Nvidia. Both drivers are latest.

But when oneAPI is installed, there is

Intel(R) Graphics Driver for Windows not found message at the begining of the installation.

Why does the message flag out?

Intel(R) Graphics Driver for Windows not found
For developing and running applications for GPU on this system, a newer version of the Intel(R) Graphics Driver is required. Please reference the GPU driver section at https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/installation-guide-for-intel-oneapi-toolkits#installGPUdriver about GPU driver version(s) and installation information.

0 Kudos
GouthamK_Intel

Hi Nyan,

Our team is working on your issue, we have escalated your query to the concerned team. 

Thanks

Goutham

0 Kudos
Anoop_M_Intel
Employee

Could you please try building the below program and run the binary which will list all the available DPC++ devices on the machine. Check if the list shows iGPU

#include<CL/sycl.hpp>
#include<iostream>
#include<vector>
#include<string>
using namespace cl::sycl;
int main(int argc, char *argv[]){
        std::vector<device> filtered_device_list;
        int index=0;
        auto platformlist = platform::get_platforms();
        for(auto p : platformlist)
        {
             decltype(p.get_devices(info::device_type::all)) devicelist;
             devicelist = p.get_devices(info::device_type::all);
             for(auto d : devicelist)
             {
                  std::string device_vendor = d.get_info<info::device::vendor>();
                  std::cout<<d.get_info<info::device::name>()<<"\n";
             }
        }
        return 0;
}

0 Kudos
nnain1
New Contributor I

This is output of the program running at my pc.

Intel(R) FPGA Emulation Device
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7500U CPU @ 2.70GHz
SYCL host device

D:\oneAPI\WindowsProj\TestGPU\x64\Debug\TestGPU.exe (process 13104) exited with code 0.
To automatically close the console when debugging stops, enable Tools->Options->Debugging->Automatically close the console when debugging stops.
Press any key to close this window . . .

0 Kudos
Anoop_M_Intel
Employee

I installed the beta05 oneAPI package and was able to reproduce the behavior which you witnessed. But when I installed the latest Graphics Driver (version 26.20.100.7985), restarted the machine and executed the same program, the iGPU was picked up as an offload device (below is the ouput).

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz
Intel(R) HD Graphics 530
SYCL host device

xxx.exe (process 16412) exited with code 0.

What is the graphics driver version on your machine? If its not the one listed above, please go to https://downloadcenter.intel.com/ to download the latest driver. 

0 Kudos
Allen__Bryce
Beginner

I was having the same problem under Manjaro Linux (Arch based), with kernel 5.6.3 on MSI laptop with i7-8750H and UHD Graphics 630. Intel CPU device shows up, but GPU device did not. Note that ComputeCpp sycl stack did detect the Intel GPU. Upgrading to latest compute runtime from git as of 2020-04-16 (using AUR packages) fixed the issue for me. The version went from 20.13.16352-1 to 20.14.16441.r99.g4306c1ace-1.

0 Kudos
nnain1
New Contributor I

Anoop M. (Intel) wrote:

I installed the beta05 oneAPI package and was able to reproduce the behavior which you witnessed. But when I installed the latest Graphics Driver (version 26.20.100.7985), restarted the machine and executed the same program, the iGPU was picked up as an offload device (below is the ouput).

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz
Intel(R) HD Graphics 530
SYCL host device

xxx.exe (process 16412) exited with code 0.

What is the graphics driver version on your machine? If its not the one listed above, please go to https://downloadcenter.intel.com/ to download the latest driver. 

Hi,

I updated to latest driver at device manager. Device manager said, my driver is latest.

I can't update anymore.

How did you update the driver?

0 Kudos
Hanley__Kenneth
Beginner

Allen, Bryce wrote:

I was having the same problem under Manjaro Linux (Arch based), with kernel 5.6.3 on MSI laptop with i7-8750H and UHD Graphics 630. Intel CPU device shows up, but GPU device did not. Note that ComputeCpp sycl stack did detect the Intel GPU. Upgrading to latest compute runtime from git as of 2020-04-16 (using AUR packages) fixed the issue for me. The version went from 20.13.16352-1 to 20.14.16441.r99.g4306c1ace-1.

I'm having a similar issue running Manjaro Linux with kernel 5.6.7 on a Dell XPS 13 with an i7-8550U. I'm running the Intel compute runtime 20.16.16582-1 and attempting to install beta 6. ComputeCpp and clinfo both detect the Intel GPU but the Base Toolkit installer does not

0 Kudos
ArpitaP_Intel

Hi,

Please try to update to latest Graphic driver i.e  to Intel® Graphics - Windows® 10 DCH Drivers (Version: 27.20.100.9466). Please find the link of the same below

Intel® Graphics - Windows® 10 DCH Drivers

Regards,

Arpita

0 Kudos
ArpitaP_Intel

Hi,

Please let us know, if your issue is resolved.

Regards,

Arpita

0 Kudos
ArpitaP_Intel

Hi,

We assume that your issue is resolved. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Regards,

Arpita

0 Kudos