Gaming on Intel® Processors with Intel® Graphics
Ask questions and get answers, tips/tweaks, and techniques from product and technology experts
452 Discussions

Assigned driver profile GPU to the executable game file

Hubert1142
Beginner

I am writing from the Polish game development company FrozenWay
We would like have a driver profile assigned to the executable of our game profiles that associate settings with executable files of our product.
Specifically, the idea is to have a driver profile assigned to the executable of our game in a way to integrate such a profile into the distributed GPU driver software.
Could ask for information on what I need to do ?

best regards

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
VonM_Intel

Hi, Hubert1142.

Thank you for posting in our Community.

Can you elaborate further on the driver profile you mentioned? Could you provide examples to clarify what you mean by driver profile? This will assist us in understanding the issue more clearly and effectively. Have you already started any integration efforts with our GPU driver software, or is this a new initiative? 

Furthermore, you've indicated the intention to integrate this profile into distributed GPU driver software. I'm interested to know more details about the system you're referring to, as this information could assist us in checking specifications such as OS build#, graphics driver versions, and errors logged in the systems.

Looking forward to your response. Have a nice day!

Best regards,

Von M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Hubert1142
Beginner

Hello,

We're inquiring about potential compatibility between our game and Intel GPU hardware. To our knowledge, other GPU vendors distribute all compatibility patches on driver level assigning required fixes to game executable. This way any time the game is launched, the driver knows what specific fixes/bypasses need to be applied in order for it to run correctly and smoothly. We know there are some issues with hardware like Iris Xe and UE 5.x, which has also affected our game and we had assumed that it may be due to lack of said driver profile. Of course we do not know specific pipeline Intel uses and if that assumption is incorrect and no direct association between specific games to sets of required compatibility patches is required then please disregard our message, we're merely going on a hunch set by precedence of other vendors.

Kind regards

0 Kudos
VonM_Intel

Hi, Hubert1142.

Thank you for sharing your concerns regarding the compatibility between the game and Intel GPU hardware. We appreciate your inquiry and understand the importance of ensuring smooth gameplay experiences for all users.

Intel continuously works to optimize driver updates to enhance compatibility with a wide range of games and applications. While some GPU vendors distribute compatibility patches at the driver level, Intel utilizes a robust testing and optimization process to ensure games run correctly and smoothly on our hardware.

Regarding specific issues with hardware like Iris Xe and UE 5.x affecting your game, we acknowledge your assumption about the potential need for a driver profile. While we cannot provide details on Intel's internal processes, rest assured that we prioritize improving performance and compatibility through driver updates.

If you have specific technical details or requirements that could assist us in addressing these compatibility concerns, please feel free to share them. We are committed to working collaboratively with developers like yourself to optimize gaming experiences on Intel hardware.

We look forward to any additional insights you may have and are here to support you in ensuring the best possible gaming experience for your users.

Best regards,

Von M.

0 Kudos
VonM_Intel

Hi, Hubert1142.

I hope you are doing fine.

Were you able to check the previous post?

Kindly let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards,

Von M.

0 Kudos
VonM_Intel

Hi, Hubert1142.

I trust you're doing well.

I have not heard back from you, we will close this inquiry now. If you need further assistance, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Von M.

0 Kudos