Gaming on Intel® Processors with Intel® Graphics
Ask questions and get answers, tips/tweaks, and techniques from product and technology experts
451 Discussions

Intel Irix xe Graphics crash in Sea of Thieves

MarvelTheCat1618
Beginner

I have been having an issue where during either at the beginning or middle of my session I would reach a screen indicating that my 'drivers crashed and restarted' forcing my game to close, and sometimes I would not have any issues. I updated my driver but nothing happened, and keeps telling me this problem.

The game running with 20 FPS on cursed graphic, but that is fine for me.

It was running fine so far until this bug.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
VonM_Intel

Hello, MarvelTheCat1618.

Thank you for providing the screenshot of your SSU logs. The error might indicate that the Intel Graphics driver encountered issues when the problem occurred. I also observed that your current graphics driver version is outdated. Please consider updating your Intel Iris Xe graphics driver to the latest version, 32.0.101.5762. Let's check if the issue or error message persists.

Von M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
VonM_Intel

Hello, MarvelTheCat1618.

Thank you for posting in our Community.

Have you observed any specific error messages when experiencing crashes, or have there been any notifications after the game unexpectedly closed? This information would assist us in pinpointing the correct solution for resolving those errors. How frequently have these issues occurred? Just to clarify, does this problem occur when playing other games as well?

Furthermore, I'd like to delve deeper and verify specifics like the iGPU models, precise graphics driver versions, and any system errors. Utilizing the Intel SSU tool will enable us to collect detailed information about your system setup, which could aid in identifying the underlying cause of this issue.

Looking forward to your response. Have a nice day!

Best regards,

Von M.

0 Kudos
MarvelTheCat1618
Beginner

When I crash I get a massage: Video driver crashed and was reset! Make sure video drivers are up to date. Exiting...  .

I only have this problem with SOT. The problem occurs at random times.image66.png

0 Kudos
VonM_Intel

Hello, MarvelTheCat1618.

Thank you for providing the screenshot of your SSU logs. The error might indicate that the Intel Graphics driver encountered issues when the problem occurred. I also observed that your current graphics driver version is outdated. Please consider updating your Intel Iris Xe graphics driver to the latest version, 32.0.101.5762. Let's check if the issue or error message persists.

Von M.

0 Kudos
MarvelTheCat1618
Beginner

I updatet it, and it worked. Thanks for the help.

0 Kudos
VonM_Intel

Hello, MarvelTheCat1618.

Thank you for your response. Great to hear it worked! You're welcome as always. However, we recommend using the driver software provided by your System Manufacturer to avoid potential installation incompatibilities as Intel supplies generic versions of Graphics Drivers for general purposes. Computer manufacturers might have changed the features, incorporated customizations, or made other changes to the graphics driver software or software packaging.

Moreover, if your computer isn't having any graphics-related issues, there's no need to update your graphics driver. You may refer to this link: FAQs about Intel graphics.

Hopefully, it may help other community members experiencing similar behavior. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Von M.

0 Kudos