Gaming on Intel® Processors with Intel® Graphics
Ask questions and get answers, tips/tweaks, and techniques from product and technology experts
469 Discussions

Better temperature = worst benchmark points

RomuloBrz
Beginner

Hi, i'm benchmarking my new Samsung Book with Intel i5 1135G7 and Intel Xe 80EU. I'm with 24GB DDR4 (8GB DDR4 3200 + 16GB DDR4 3200) working with Dual Channel ok.

The question is that i can get good 3DMark value with it (3400/3600 points with 3DMark Fire Strike), but can see in benchmark details that throttling is happening on both CPU and GPU.

So i bought a notebook stand with 2 120mm fans, and to my surprise, no mora throttling but worst values.

3334 points without throttling (85º C max) vs 3461 points with throttling (89º C max and throttling - red YES showing in HWInfo).

Teste9 - Cooler Ligado Driver Config Ventilador.pngTeste10 - Cooler Ligado Driver Config Ventilador.png

Seems like the Throttling is doing something on giving space to other resource running better (CPU throttling causing the GPU to run more time at turbo and the oposite also happening).

The numbers talks for itself.. what can be happening?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @RomuloBrz

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

Please allow us to review this further and we will be posting back in the thread as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello RomuloBrz

We would like to inform you that we do not discuss performance/benchmarking as this will depend on different things, like memory, hard drive, cooling, and environment. Also, the benchmark is through a third-party tool that we don't know how accurate can be to measure our Intel® products, and even though using different tools for benchmarking we don't discuss it.

You may review further with the software developers regarding how their software works.

In regards to the throttle behavior, the throttle temperature can vary by the processor and BIOS settings and the whole system environment in general.

For inquiries and behaviors with throttling on laptops, the recommendation is to check with the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) since the OEMs decide the power/current limits. Any throttling happening there would be completely based on how the OEM designs the laptop. Therefore, our advice is to review this further with SAMSUNG* Support.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello RomuloBrz

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos