Gaming on Intel® Processors with Intel® Graphics
Ask questions and get answers, tips/tweaks, and techniques from product and technology experts
469 Discussions

Constant problems with the drivers updates.

albertrv9
Beginner

Hi, for the last few months I´ve getting the same message when starting a videogame.

albertrv9_0-1705173104915.png

For non-spanish speakers it says: 

The installed version of the Intel graphics driver has experienced some problems.
Install the latest version.

Do you want to visit the following link to download the driver?

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/80939/Graphics

Intel(R) Iris(R) Xe Graphics
Installed: 27.20.100.9664
Minimum required: 30.0.101.1404

The thing is that when I click on that link there is never an available driver update, it is always up to date. However, when I get the monthly update, I do not receive the message above when starting the game, but this just lasts a few days. Then, somehow, Intel Arc Control kind of stops working and tells me this: 

albertrv9_1-1705173409024.png

Unsupported platform
This system does not support the Intel Arc Control Panel. For integrated graphics, make sure your processor is Intel Core i11 or newer. For standalone graphics, make sure you have a dedicated Intel Iris Xe or Intel Arc graphics adapter with the latest drivers.

I don´t understand the problem here, mine is an Intel Core i7 with Inter Iris Xe Graphics, just in case.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Catulpos_Intel
Employee

Thank you for posting to Intel Communities.

I understand that you are trying to download the driver that is compatible with your game, hence for us to provide you with an accurate recommendation, please provide the following information:

Looking forward to your response. Have a nice day ahead!

Best regards,

Catulpos_Intel

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
albertrv9
Beginner

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

• The game is Fortnite.
  • With other games like Only Up also happens. 

I attach you the SSU information of my laptop.

0 Kudos
Catulpos_Intel
Employee

Hello albertrv9,

I appreciate your prompt response.

Upon thoroughly investigating, we can see that your graphics driver is yet to be updated and may be the reason why you encountered such error.

Before we proceed, please note that this is an OEM device, we will try to assist you with general troubleshooting steps even if it’s something not traditionally covered in our support. However, if the issue persists, you will have to contact the Original Equipment Manufacturer of your device. Your device manufacturer may have altered features, incorporated customizations, or made other changes to some components for better compatibility with your system.

As your game is requiring you to update the graphics driver and you experienced issues with Intel Arc Control, kindly be advised to do the following.

·       Update your graphics driver to version 31.0.101.5085. You can download the driver on this link: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/785597/intel-arc-iris-xe-graphics-windows.html

·       Check if the same issue appears.

Should in case there is an error message encountered, please let us know so we could investigate and provide you with an accurate recommendation.

Thank you and have a nice day!

Best regards,

Catulpos_Intel

0 Kudos
VonM_Intel

Hi, albertrv9.

We hope you are doing fine.

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards,

Von M.

0 Kudos
Catulpos_Intel
Employee

Hello albertrv9,

We hope this finds you in your utmost wellbeing.

Since we have not received a response from you, we will now go ahead and close this one. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Thank you and have a wonderful day ahead!

Best regards,

Catulpos_Intel

0 Kudos
albertrv9
Beginner

Hi, sorry for not giving you a proper answer. 

Firts of all, thanks for your attention and persistence. 

So far the drivers you provided me has been performing properly. The notification about the drivers happened again this Monday 22nd, but I reinstalled the drivers you gave me thorugh that link and since then the notificacion has not shown up again and I´ve been able to play perfectly.

0 Kudos