Gaming on Intel® Processors with Intel® Graphics
Ask questions and get answers, tips/tweaks, and techniques from product and technology experts

Extreme FPS drops in Roblox

nash276
Beginner
Hi,

I'm attempting to play Roblox. My performance is usually at 60 fps, but every few seconds it drops to under 5 fps and remains like that. The game is unplayable.

CPU: Intel Core i7 1260P (Iris XE)
RAM: Dual channel 16gb ddr4
Drivers Version: Latest (31.0.101.5085/31.0.101.5122)

Performance during performance drops:
CPU Usage: ~12%
RAM Usage ~50%
GPU Usage ~50%

My power saving modes are all off, windows is set to maximum performance, and the laptop is plugged in.

This problem was not occuring a year or so ago.
Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
VonM_Intel

Hi, nash276.

Thank you for posting in the Intel Communities. We would be more than glad to help you solve the issue (every few seconds, the fps drop under 5 and the game is unplayable).

As I carefully looked into the issue, I have done some research and found some possible solutions for you:

Just to share with you, we have our support link where you can find all of the troubleshooting steps that might help fix the issue. To make it easier for you, here’s our support link: (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000036462/graphics.html)

Best regards,

Von M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
VonM_Intel

Hi, nash276.

Thank you for posting in the Intel Communities. We would be more than glad to help you solve the issue (every few seconds, the fps drop under 5 and the game is unplayable).

As I carefully looked into the issue, I have done some research and found some possible solutions for you:

Just to share with you, we have our support link where you can find all of the troubleshooting steps that might help fix the issue. To make it easier for you, here’s our support link: (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000036462/graphics.html)

Best regards,

Von M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos