Gaming on Intel® Processors with Intel® Graphics
Ask questions and get answers, tips/tweaks, and techniques from product and technology experts

Game lagging

Alameen
Beginner

Hello! I am facing a problem with me laptop while playing the game starts to lag all of sudden, I mean while playing my average FPS is something like 30-45 depends on the game I play (Low specs laptop), But the game starts to lag all of sudden and drop frame. When I tracked the problem, I noticed that the CPU usage drops to 14% and stay like that for 30-60 sec than return to normal usage effecting the GPU that also drops to 15-30% I monitored the temp values and returned average 86 degree C and returned no throttling (Using HWinfo). I faced the problem in games like: Titanfall 2 Wuthering waves Hellblade sauna sacrifice these games run smoothly when the CPU run in full power, but lags when the CPU drops to 14% Did anyone face the same problem? And what I can do to fix it?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
FrancisP_Intel

Hello Alameen,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities. We've noted that you're experiencing lag issues with your games and we're sorry to hear about this inconvenience. We fully understand how frustrating it is to have this type of issue as it negatively impacts your gaming experience. We'll see what we can do to assist you.

To proceed, we'd like to have more information for us to know the best approach to take. Please download Intel® System Support Utility for Windows* software. When the download is complete, launch SSU.exe.

1. Scan: Check the box Everything.
  2. Click Scan.
  3. Review: When finished scanning, click Next.
  4. Click Save.
  5. Send the file

Were there any changes that were made that resulted to FPS drop? Sometimes there would be an automatic update from Windows that may have a negative impact with your system, and reverting them back to their previous versions may resolve the issue.

Was the 86 degrees monitored during gaming?

Can you test the CPU itself for its integrity? Please run the Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool. You may tell us if a test fails.

Have you performed any troubleshooting steps so we can include those in our root causing and perhaps avoid providing redundant steps?

We will be waiting for your response. We may have additional questions depending on your answers.

Best regards,

Francis Ryan P.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Alameen,

I am just looking for an update regarding the information we requested. Kindly please let me know about this information so we can identify the next steps that needs to be taken to solve this issue. 

Ramyer M.

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
NormanS_Intel

Hello Alameen, 

We have not heard back from you so I will close this inquiry now. If you need further assistance, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Norman S.

Intel Customer Support Engineer

0 Kudos