Gaming on Intel® Processors with Intel® Graphics
Ask questions and get answers, tips/tweaks, and techniques from product and technology experts

Graphics Driver issue

sungjinwoo
Beginner

Hello 

my laptop specs

Intel i3 1005g1
8 gb ram

1tb hdd

intel uhd graphics(it shows only intel uhd graphics in task manager 

I have this problem occuring since beginning of 2021 right after windows 20h2 update 

so I got my lappy in 2020 september it came with windows 2004 pre installed and the graphics driver it was using was version 27.20.100.7985 ,

on that version my games used to run on 60 fps 
I used to play apex legends, valorant , minecraft, among us , bluestacks , etc

some months after my windows got updated to windows 20h2 
at the beginning there was no issue 
but after 1 month i guess , my games become absolutely unplayable 
Valorant started crashing and lagging even if sometimes i managed to get to the home screen of valorant it would give 1 fps 
apex legends was giving 1 fps
among us also giving 1 fps and my entier laptop would completely freeze for sometime then the game would close 
minecraft didnt had this issue in the beginning but got infected with it after some time 
bluestacks was unplayable

At that point i was not aware of what actually the issue was

I stopped gaming at that time and only focused on browsing and school works

after some time in 2021 i guess the first 6 months of the year
even browsing became very unstable like it was 1 fps
and my whole windows become very laggy and freezing 

i contacted the hp customer care at that time 
they asked me to use their hp recovery tool and completely fresh install everything 

i did that , 
right after installing windows again everything was working fine 
the graphics driver got automatically installed 
at that time everything seemed to run smooth 
but after i restarted my laptop 
everything became as before

after researching a lot i finally realized it was the graphics driver that was causing the issue 
so i disabled my intel uhd graphics , and then found out everything was running very great and well 

Then i installed the old graphics driver version 7985 
but not everything was same 
the valorant seemed to run but not as before 
apex was still playable at 1 fps 
other games too
even at the lowest resolution i was only able to achive max 25-30 fps in valo 

been struggling with that issue since 2021 
its 2024 now 

i still havent found a fix 

now in present situation i have windows 20h2 version installed 
as my oem supports only upto 20h2 windows version 
i tried installing the all the oem drivers present till date for 20h2 version 

1-30.0.101.2079

2- 27.20.100.9664

none of them seemed to fix my problem 
both of them right after installing made my browsing better but didnt help anything for gaming

after rebooting browsing became as same as before 
but after some time it gets fixed by itself and then runs gr8 until i close my browser and reopen again 

i also tried installing previous windows version drivers provided by my oem 

1- 26.20.100.7985 

after installing this driver my screen turned black , had to fix this issue in safe boot 

2- 26.20.100.7637

after installing this driver same thing occurred as 7985 , 

Then i tried installing the latest drivers provided by intel  

1-31.0.101.2127

right after installing , everthing seemed like it was working gr8, apex starting running at playable fps of 30 to 25 fps at extreme lowest setting ( but before in 2020 apex was running 40-50 fps on just the lowest in game settings without modifying anything in the videoconfig)

but valorant didnt work
and online browser game venge , the graphics took 4-5 minutes to load 

2- 31.0.101.2128

made things even worse 

3- 31.0.101.2125

everything instantly became so laggy i just lost my sanity

4-31.0.101.2121 

i was pretty much questioning my existence on this universe after installing this as it was very painful and unbearable on uninstall this driver with everything running on 1 fps 

So that is pretty much all i wanted to say , i still didnt find any fix for now i have tried reinstalling windows again and again fresh installing again and again i even tried using ddu and completely fresh install my graphics driver but nothing seems to fix it 

i want my old time back ;-; 
when apex and other triple aaa games used to run in my lappy , not like at high graphics, but with default low settings without any custom res or modifying things in config ;-; 

I really am suffering from a mental breakdown ;-; i just dont know what to do any small advice or opinion would be very appreciated and helpful 

i just cant run all day on microsft basic display adapter ;-; 

0 Kudos
24 Replies
sungjinwoo
Beginner
Actually I don't need any further assistance regarding emulators because I don't play on emulator much , My main problem was for the pc games and it is working fine now , thanks for your assistance very much appreciated for your patience wish you a good day or a good night and a Good life all the love All the power. Hope so I can get back to you if I face any problems in the future which I am hoping not but still
0 Kudos
VonM_Intel

Hi, sungjinwoo.

Thank you so much for letting me know! I'm glad to hear your PC games are working fine now. Would you mind sharing the troubleshooting steps you took? This would help us document them properly and help others who may face a similar issue in the future.

Looking forward to your response. If you ever encounter any issues in the future, feel free to reach out. Have a wonderful day or night yourself, and I wish you all the best in everything you do.

Best regards,

Von M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
VonM_Intel

Hi, sungjinwoo.

Have you had a chance to review my previous response? Please let us know if you require any further assistance. I'm here to help.

Best regards,

Von M.

0 Kudos
DhannielM_Intel

Hi sungjinwoo,

Since my colleague Von is currently away, and your concern on low fps on certain games has been resolved. I will go ahead and close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored.

Best regards,

Dhanniel M.

0 Kudos