Gaming on Intel® Processors with Intel® Graphics
Ask questions and get answers, tips/tweaks, and techniques from product and technology experts
449 Discussions

Intel A770 Arc Control Settings Questions

Natsukirei
Beginner

hey guys, i recently picked up an ASRock A770 and i love it, im just wondering about the intel global settings for gaming, and how to optimize gaming, such as adaptive tessellation, smooth sync, interg scaling, and what to have on or off.

the biggest things confusing me are the adaptive tessellation and game compatibility options, for example its suggested to have adaptive tessellation on, but im not sure what percentage to choose on the percentage bar.

Back with nvidia ( i used to have a 3070 ) , you just left nvidia on default and their enhanced tessellation.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Natsukirei

Thank you for posting on the Intel Communities. I know adjusting the setting to get the best performance from your Intel® Arc™ A770 GPU is important to you and I will be glad to assist.

In regards to the game compatibility option you can check the following article that contains more information:

Intel® Arc™ Control: What is the Game Compatibility Option?

As for the other options allow me to check the information with our team so we can share it with you. I will post back once I have an update for you.

Best regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Natsukirei
Beginner

any update on this one? its not clearly explained how the tessellation feature works and what percentages to use in your Article about the feature which i looked up on google.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Natsukirei

Thank you for your patience. In regards to your questions, there is no optimal configuration in Global game settings as this depends on each system, game, and display capabilities. Here are some descriptions for some settings in the Intel® Arc™ Software, however, the best option will be that you test each setting separately with each of your games.

Frame Delivery

• Application Choice (since each game can be rendered at different frame rates)
  • Smart VSync – Automatically enables VSync when the application’s render rate exceeds the display's refresh rate and disables VSync when the render rate falls below the display's refresh rate.
  • Smooth Sync - For Displays without Adaptive Sync support since it acts by blurring distracting screen tears with a dithering filter.

Anisotropic Filtering (AF)

Generally, the games will have their own option to define AF parameters, but here the higher the filter the more costly it is on GPU performance.

Adaptive Tessellation

We do suggest turning this option ON, but if there are issues in games such as graphic glitches or texture corruption then test by turning it off. Once again the higher the level of tessellation the more costly it is on GPU performance.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Natsukirei

I hope you are doing fine. 

Were you able to check the previous post? 

Let us know if you have further questions.

Best Regards,  

Hugo O.  

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Natsukirei

I hope you are doing fine. 

I have not heard back from you. So I will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Best Regards, 

Hugo O.  

0 Kudos