Gaming on Intel® Processors with Intel® Graphics
Ask questions and get answers, tips/tweaks, and techniques from product and technology experts
361 Discussions

Intel Driver & Support Assistant write error

Giovanni7
Beginner

Salve a tutti.

Ho scelto di rivolgermi a questo forum perchè ormai riscontro un problema di scrittura relativo al download degli aggiornamenti su support assistant da almeno 2 mesi.

Ho provato a leggere altre risposte a domande sul forum però tutte dicevano di disinstallare e riavviare il pc, ma vado avanti così da ormai mesi e non c'è la faccio più considerando che ho 3 aggiornamenti in sospeso e il mio pc rallenta sempre di più.

PS: ho un ASUS Vivobook X509JP_X509JP perfettamente funzionante con Intel i5 10gen e scheda grafica integrata e dedicata Nvidia.

Hello everyone.

I chose to contact this forum because I have a writing problem related to the download of updates on support assistant for at least 2 months.

I tried to read other answers to questions on the forum but they all said to uninstall and restart the pc, but I have been going on like this for months now and I don't know what to do anymore considering that I have 3 updates pending and my pc slows down more and more .

PS: I have a fully functional ASUS Vivobook X509JP_X509JP with Intel i5 10gen and integrated and dedicated Nvidia graphics card.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
megan3000
Valued Contributor I

Because this is a laptop and you also have nvidia graphics, you should be using the drivers from Asus website. They're the "recommended ones" for your laptop...

And you should be using their driver update tool instead of the intel dsa...

Only if Asus tells you to install the generic drivers from intel, you should do that... or if you still want to install the generic drivers, you can manually download and install from intel website and just ignore (and avoid) intel dsa...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
megan3000
Valued Contributor I

Because this is a laptop and you also have nvidia graphics, you should be using the drivers from Asus website. They're the "recommended ones" for your laptop...

And you should be using their driver update tool instead of the intel dsa...

Only if Asus tells you to install the generic drivers from intel, you should do that... or if you still want to install the generic drivers, you can manually download and install from intel website and just ignore (and avoid) intel dsa...

0 Kudos
Giovanni7
Beginner
Solitamente uso MyAsus per un check-up completo del sistema, ma esso rileva solo gli aggiornamenti di sistema del pc e non quelli dei driver intel. Per questo mi sono sempre affidato a DSA consapevole che esso è un ottimo sito da dove controllare lo stato dei propri driver. Purtroppo però sto riscontrando questo problema e come mi consigli proverò a controllare se riesco a scaricare i driver manualmente dal sito della Intel o da quello dell’Asus.
Potresti mandarmi i link dei siti da dove scaricare i driver per cortesia?
0 Kudos
megan3000
Valued Contributor I

Using the Asus computer model number, you should be able to find the drivers for the system. I found this:

https://www.asus.com/laptops/for-home/everyday-use/asus-x509/helpdesk_download/?model2Name=ASUS-Laptop-15-X509JP

Intel drivers, you can find them on the download center

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download-center/home.html

click on the product categories (Select Your Product) to search for specific driver updates (wireless, graphics, bluetooth, and so on)

The one for graphics, is here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19344/intel-graphics-windows-dch-drivers.html

0 Kudos