Gaming on Intel® Processors with Intel® Graphics
Ask questions and get answers, tips/tweaks, and techniques from product and technology experts
495 Discussions

Intel i7 12700 100% cpu in Cyberpunk

Galluflas
Beginner
When I play Cyberpunk the cpu is set to 100% and in Red Dead Redemption 70, 80 and 90%. I play at a resolution of 3440 x 1440. 

Are these numbers normal? They seem very strange to me.

Sorry for my English.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
RandyT_Intel

Hello Galluflas,

To better assist you, I need to gather some additional information. Could you please answer the following questions? 

1. Are there any other applications or processes running in the background while you are playing these games? 
  2. What are the in-game graphics settings you are using for both Cyberpunk and Red Dead Redemption? 
  3. Have you monitored the CPU and GPU temperatures while playing these games? If so, what are the temperature readings? 
  4. Are your graphics drivers up to date? If not, have you tried updating them? 
  5. Are both games updated to their latest versions? 
  6. Have you used any performance monitoring tools to check for any unusual spikes or patterns in CPU usage? 
  7. Have you tried lowering the resolution or changing the scaling settings to see if it affects CPU usage? 
  8. What power settings are you using on your computer (e.g., High Performance, Balanced, Power Saver)? 
  9. Have you experienced similar issues with other games or applications? 
  10. Could you provide screenshots or recordings of the issue so I can clearly see what’s happening? 

Providing this information will help me diagnose the system more accurately and check for available solutions. Thank you for your cooperation, and I look forward to your response. 

Best regards, 

Randy T. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Galluflas
Beginner

Hi and thanks for the response 

1-  The usual. Before playing the cpu is at 3%.

2- Ultra without raytracing. In Cyberpunk fsr 3 actived. 

3- Cpu: 36 degrees min and 60 degrees max. GPU: 69 or 70 degrees and hptspot 74 or 75 degrees max. 

4- Everthing is updated

5- Same

6- Yes.  I have been playing and in Red Dead there is a lot of variation at the beginning but then it remains stable around 50 and 60%. In cyberpunk I activated an option for hybrid CPUs that prioritizes the P cores and the use of the CPU improved.  Now it's only 100% in certain areas. I have seen that there is a big difference between cpu usage and cpu utility. The cpu utility measurements are the really high ones.

7- Yeah. Few changes to the CPU.

8- Performance.

9. No. The other most demanding game I play is Elder Ring and its CPU is much lower. Although Red Dead now remains at similar percentages except at specific moments. It seems that it is a Cyberpunk problem.

10- Yes

0 Kudos
RandyT_Intel

Hello Galluflas,

Before we conclude that the issue lies with Cyberpunk or the game developers, let’s try a few more steps. Although you’ve mentioned that everything is updated, I would like to understand how these updates were performed.

1. Graphics Driver Version: Please let me know the previous version of your graphics driver.
  2. System Check: To get a comprehensive view of your system, please run Intel® System Support Utility for Windows* and share the logs with me.
  3. CPU Test: Kindly test your CPU using the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool to ensure its functioning correctly.
  4. Game Settings: Please share your current game settings with me.

Once I have this information, I can provide more targeted recommendations to potentially resolve the issue.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Randy T.

0 Kudos
RandyT_Intel

Hello Galluflas,

I wanted to follow up regarding the questions and information we shared with you recently. Have you had a chance to review them? Your feedback is invaluable in helping us determine the next best course of action. 

Looking forward to your response! 

Best regards, 

Randy T. 

0 Kudos