Gaming on Intel® Processors with Intel® Graphics
Ask questions and get answers, tips/tweaks, and techniques from product and technology experts

No game sharpening option?

Timu
Beginner
For whatever reason, the game sharpening feature on both the beta and normal addition of intel graphics command center is absent. The card I'm using, Intel Graphics UHD 600, has no support information on the website as far as I'm aware, and I'm using what I believe is the latest driver. As for additional imformation, I am using a supported version of windows 10. If it is not supported, I would like to see if there is anything that can provide a clearer image without raising my resolution or my anti-aliasing settings.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Timu, 

Thanks for your patience. I would like to let you know that all gaming-related features have been moved to Arc Control. This means that that the feature will only be available on 11th gen or older CPU or on Intel Arc GPUs, which are compatible with Arc Control.

You can check further information at the following link:

Bear in mind that there is no support for the Intel Graphics Command Center BETA and the Intel Graphics Command Center Lite is focused on the Display features. And Arc Control will focus on the Gaming features. 

If you have any questions, let me know

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
AlHill
Super User

So the Intel support engineers can have more information about your system, Please download and run the Intel System Support Utility (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- ) for Windows. Select all data categories and then have it generate a report. Next, have the tool Save the report to a text file (don't try to use the Submit capability; it doesn't work). Finally, using the Drag and drop here or browse files to attach dialog below the edit box for the body of your response post, upload and attach this file to the response post.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
Timu
Beginner
Is there any reason why they removed all the gaming related features from the Intel graphics command center?
0 Kudos
Timu
Beginner

Here it is

0 Kudos
Timu
Beginner

UPDATE: I had just realised from the intel driver and support program that I did in-fact have an outdated graphics driver. My previous one was from 2021, whilst my new driver is about a month old at the 3rd or 4th of April, and although it performs much better, even after installing and reinstalling both IGCC versions, the game-sharpening option still isn't there. I was also somewhat incorrect about no mention of the Intel UHD Graphics. Although there is no mention of it and the standard UHD Graphics in the support page for the Intel UHD Graphics Family, it was on the specifications page, and judging by how recent the driver is, it is still supported, but with little mention. All of this, along with the little mention or details of the game sharpening option from the intel website, makes me extremely suspicious. To further help this forum, I have both my ISSU and the normal edition of the IGCC reports for my latest driver.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Timu, 

Thank you for the information provided 

I will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details. 

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Timu, 

Thanks for your patience. I would like to let you know that all gaming-related features have been moved to Arc Control. This means that that the feature will only be available on 11th gen or older CPU or on Intel Arc GPUs, which are compatible with Arc Control.

You can check further information at the following link:

Bear in mind that there is no support for the Intel Graphics Command Center BETA and the Intel Graphics Command Center Lite is focused on the Display features. And Arc Control will focus on the Gaming features. 

If you have any questions, let me know

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Timu, 

In this case, these features were removed from the Intel® Graphics Command Center (Intel® GCC) due to migration to the ARC control tool. 

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
GamerRafay
Beginner

First of all, Game Sharpening is not available on Intel UHD 600 Graphics. Secondly, all gaming-related features have moved to arc control which is only available for 11th gen cpus and Arc GPUs. This was probably done to prevent confusion. The beta app however still contains all game-releated features intact. It just depends on what generation of iGPU you have (Last supported gpus are 11th gen Processor Graphics and Iris XE Max.) And yes, I have Iris Xe for 11th gen and installing Intel Graphics Command Center Beta gives me accesses to all features like Texture Filtering Priority and Game Sharperning. I think 12th gen and over is not supported, including the Arc IGPUS with Intel Core Ultra.

0 Kudos
GamerRafay
Beginner

Also, I think that minimum for Game Sharpening is 11th or 10th gen.

0 Kudos
Timu
Beginner
  • Sorry to waste your time, but this forum had already been silent for many months. Since then I have actually upgraded to an 11th gen cpu and, if you couldn't already tell, don't need this piece of information that I already know and that the intel moderators have already told me in the same forum. Maybe I should've accepted such as a solution, but I didn't as this was and still is my only intel community post. Now I will. Thank you for replying 10 months after this post. I'm sure this will give *someone* a more straightforward answer to this question.
0 Kudos